Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Motilium - my new lifesaver???

After reading a thread on here a few days ago I discovered that you can buy Motilium at Boots and that it can actually stop you v*. I honestly didn't know such a product existed - where have I been?!

Bought a packet today from Boots, hopefully won't have to use it but at least I feel a bit more prepared if the dreaded Norovirus strikes. Ever since reading that thread I can honestly say that I don't feel just as anxious about the whole business. I'm 38 and have struggled with emetophobia for most of my life, well certainly all of my adult life. It does come and go but now that my daughter is at primary school and my son is at nursery all sorts of bugs have entered our lives and I've found my stress levels continually rising. I honestly would rather experience childbirth again rather than v* which I know is absolutely crazy.

I just feel that with these tablets I have a little bit of control over it. Have to say it is so nice to come here and totally relate to what other people are going through, not everyone gets it. A huge thank you xxxxxxx

Default Re: Motilium - my new lifesaver???

Hi, I've also purchased motilium but don't be like me and take them at the slightest hint of stomach discomfort! I convince myself I'm sick then have one then realise afterwards I was probably just panicking

I agree, I sometimes become far too dependant on them....actually have taken one today when it was just anxiety :P

I have recently bought a packet. Haven't taken one yet so can't comment on its effectiveness. I just wanted to say that the person who served me said that if you take them too often they will become ineffective. Just a word of warning as I know how easy it is to become dependent on them!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks daughter189, I will keep that in mind and try my very hardest to keep off them!

Funnily enough if I have a supply I'm not so bad, its when I havent got enough that I panic and feel like I need them!

Well I have a prescription for 120 domperidone a month ( another name for motillium). At no time has my dr said they become ineffective if you take them for too long. Ive been prescribed them for 4 years now for gastritis & chronic nausea. I think they actually help you digest food quicker so there isnt undigested food in your stomach for as long as usual. Personally I prefer phenergan.

I'm on domperidone 2/3 times a day to empty my stomach quicker and to stop reflux as the domperidone also tightens the top sphincter of your stomach. My doctor has never mentioned anything about them becoming ineffective, you have to watch out for any kidney or liver problems if you are on them for a long time though and it may make you lactate.

Sorry to bump this thread but I'm just wondering how people are still finding motilium?

I have a packet and try to limit it to two per week (I have the instants) I think they really work.