Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Do you ever...

Default Do you ever...

Does anyone get upset or mad at people (especially spouses, boyfriend/girlfriend, parents) if they catch a s*v* because you think they should know better and think to take the necessary precautions?

Every time I have seen a post on Facebook about someone having it, I want to give them a lecture!!

My friend who had it on Christmas Day and her husband had it 2 days later are having a NYE party tomorrow night (which I usually don't miss), but I told my husband that I do not want to go for fear that it is still in their house. I thought about dropping a (not so) subtle hint about Lysol-ing their house before people come over.

Default Re: Do you ever...

yeah, i was secretly mad at my mum when she had it a month ago. i know it sounds awful, but we live in such a small house, with a tiny bathroom... well after she had been very ill in there i had to use the bathroom i was desperate) and the smell was so bad... i just wanted to cry. i thought i was guaranteed of getting it. luckily i didnt, i think probably due to my own OCD hygiene ( i used gloves and tissues for 2 weeks after she was ill) but whenever someone i know says they have it,, i just want to scream at them, i wish people would stop touching theyre mouths etc in public, and ash their hands. i told my dad off the ther day for not ashing his hands after handlng RAW CHICKEN. i mean, come on!

Quote Originally Posted by Lori35inRI View Post
    Does anyone get upset or mad at people (especially spouses, boyfriend/girlfriend, parents) if they catch a s*v* because you think they should know better and think to take the necessary precautions?

Every time I have seen a post on Facebook about someone having it, I want to give them a lecture!!

My friend who had it on Christmas Day and her husband had it 2 days later are having a NYE party tomorrow night (which I usually don't miss), but I told my husband that I do not want to go for fear that it is still in their house. I thought about dropping a (not so) subtle hint about Lysol-ing their house before people come over.

Right now! My boyfriend is NOT my favorite person! LOL

Not really that he CAUGHT it. But that he KNOWS how scary it is for me. I asked him before I came over for the weekend if he cleaned the bathroom/toilet and he said yes - but when I got here there was totally a ring around the toilet. I know to him it's just not a big deal like it is for me. Tonight we had to leave a NYE party early cause I got hit HARD and fast with d* and n*. I hate that I had to take 2 Immodium to make it home - I'd rather things 'flush out' in that direction. I have been washing my hands, upping my vitamins (C, Bcom, Multi and acidphilius) and even drinking grape juice like it's my job. We'll see how bad this hits me to know if it was all worth a damn.
    -Jenni

"Look for love and evidence that you're worth keeping." PJ

did you go to nye party? I'm sorry you were in this situation. If i were you,i'd have to think a lot about going there.
    "Worrying is a waste of time. It doesn't change anything, it just messes with your mind and steals your happines."

Ya i wouldn't have gone I get very angry at people when I hear that they've come down with it....I feel like are contributing to keeping it going around!

Yes I do. My husband has not had it yet while I have known him, but it really makes me mad when he doesn't wash his hands when he should and is not extra careful, because he knows how much it affects me.

Yeah, I do too! You're not the only one. In fact, I made a thread like this one before. What annoys me the most is when someone complains about being ill often yet I've seem them coming in and out of public toilets without washing their hands..

A few people on my Facebook have also been saying they have it and saying how awful they feel and stuff but I always think, 'if you feel that awful then why are you even on Facebook?'

A 'friend' of mine at college back in September had fallen out with me because they had the SV*, yet came into college! And I told them as nicely as I could to keep away from me. I explained my phobia to her, got called a 'weirdo' then she stopped speaking to me. Some people huh?.... /facepalm
    Virtue - "You don't need a reason to help people"

Yeah I get kind of mad cause my husband always has his fingers in his mouth...pisses me off. It's like I don't "trust" him when I'm not there to say stop biting your nails, get your fingers out of your mouth! Lol

I have educated him on how you can catch it and I just don't understand the reasoning for the fingers in the mouth so much lol

Nice to see I'm not the only one. I mean, seriously... I know I'm extra cautious because of my emet, but still... Common sense would tell you to wash your hands after the restroom, or before eating (especially in a mall or something), but people just don't get it.

When someone is bitching on FB that they have "never been so sick", I just want to say do you ever wash your hands?

Quote Originally Posted by wanted View Post
    did you go to nye party? I'm sorry you were in this situation. If i were you,i'd have to think a lot about going there.
    Actually, I did stop by for a couple of hours. The first thing I asked is if the house was clean and my friend said she bleached everything as soon as her husband was better (which was Saturday). I still didn't eat anything that they (or anyone else for that matter) cooked and I sanitized my hands as soon as I got in my car.

Yeah, I mean I know they didn't intend to catch it but the fact that they have caught it proves that they have low hygiene standards, it's irritating because that's how it spreads and it's worse for us Emets but people fail to see that.

Good for you for going to the party! Even if you didn't eat, that is still a huge step.

As for the original post, I get more angry if the person is out.

Quote Originally Posted by Erica1649 View Post
    Yeah I get kind of mad cause my husband always has his fingers in his mouth...pisses me off. It's like I don't "trust" him when I'm not there to say stop biting your nails, get your fingers out of your mouth! Lol

I have educated him on how you can catch it and I just don't understand the reasoning for the fingers in the mouth so much lol
    I'm with you on this!! My husband is always putting his fingers in his mouth and biting his nails. Oh, and he doesn't wash his hands when we come home from somewhere AND he puts his phone in his mouth. OMG!!! I always tell him to wash his hands and now he's sick with a cold. He caught it from his brother which I was also next to, yet closer. MEN!

I do get annoyed when I read about one million cases in the UK, I think, " what are these people doing?, eating each other`s v?".

I get mad at people. Another thing that makes me mad is they wont listen to me. Dont they know that since i am an emet I might have an idea how to try and avoid it. I keep telling them to wash their hands, dont touch your face, quit rubbing your eyes. Dont eat finger foods. Try not to eat out. Today, my husband took my son for a "bike ride", they ended up at the food court and had lunch. I was at home making lunch for my other 2 kids. I am sure that my husband didnt make him wash his hands. grrrrr. If he gets it i will be mad a hades at my husband for being an idiot.