Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Such a bad night with no sleep :(

I've had an awful night of stomach pains and *d starts at 8pm last night and its now 7.40 am! I'm exhausted and feel so *n don't know what to do with myself! Terrified that this is it now and the *v will b inevitable!

Default Re: Such a bad night with no sleep :(

My mom used to be a nurse, and when Id come to her telling her i had symptoms of a possible stomach virus all night, she'd always tell me "if you had a stomach virus that involved v*, you would have done it by now"
    In your case, almost 12 hours have passed and you have not v*. I believe that you will be okay! try thinking of that though. say in your head "12 hours have almost passed...if I had some sort of virus that involved v*, it most likely would have happened by now"
    that and deep breathing will really calm you down. your *d could still be going on because you are getting yourself worked up and anxious by worrying.

Thanks, just haven't felt this bad before! Was too scared to sleep so am just so tired but still can't sleep now! Just feel so *n and bloated!

I used to get bloated and feel *n a lot and what always helped was propping myself up in bed to where I wasnt laying down completely flat, but I wasnt sitting up completely straight either, and drinking small sips of 7up, if you have any. just close your eyes and breathe deeply. i always did this and found myself falling asleep quite quickly.

Hey i hope you get to feeling better.
    I'm in the same boat as you.
    And then the panic is making my n* worse. I'm here ifyou need to talk!

Not much change, cramps every half hour or so and can't eat even a biscuit caused pain! still if I was gonna *v it would've happened before now right?!