Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Help!!! Please! What do I have??

So I woke up yesterday feeling a little nauseated. Then about two hours later I was out running errands with my two small children and I suddenly had to use the restroom. I have explosive d* 3 times in one hour, and some of it had hard balls in it. It was very watery. It felt like I was peeing out of my butt. Sorry, I know, TMI. I took some Pepto and an Ativan for my nerves and the d* compeltely stopped. Just some gas. Then I woke up feeling fine today and lo and behold had d* again, just one time though. I took Pepto again but my stomach is gurgling and gassy. What the heck do I have???!!! My kids aren't sick and I wash my hand adamently in public. I know its not Noro because I always v* with that. COuld it be IBS? Stress? Food poisoning?? I don't feel sick just a lot fo stomach grumbles and d*. I am panicked to go in public in case I have to run to the bathroom.

Default Re: Help!!! Please! What do I have??

Quote Originally Posted by allilove View Post
    So I woke up yesterday feeling a little nauseated. Then about two hours later I was out running errands with my two small children and I suddenly had to use the restroom. I have explosive d* 3 times in one hour, and some of it had hard balls in it. It was very watery. It felt like I was peeing out of my butt. Sorry, I know, TMI. I took some Pepto and an Ativan for my nerves and the d* compeltely stopped. Just some gas. Then I woke up feeling fine today and lo and behold had d* again, just one time though. I took Pepto again but my stomach is gurgling and gassy. What the heck do I have???!!! My kids aren't sick and I wash my hand adamently in public. I know its not Noro because I always v* with that. COuld it be IBS? Stress? Food poisoning?? I don't feel sick just a lot fo stomach grumbles and d*. I am panicked to go in public in case I have to run to the bathroom.
    Sounds to me like IBS, especially if there are no other symptoms like nausea which would have come on straight away had it been a stomach virus. Stress does increase IBS, and sometime we can get d* without being an actual problem. Have a think to yourself it you have changed your diet, or if you are on new medication or if you are feeling stressed. Just ensure that you drink more to replace the fluids. However if you still have d* over the next few days, you may be best speaking to your doctor to see if there are any problems.