Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Question I have always wondered about

I was just wondering if the noro affect on your lower intestines (bowels) come on quickly? Or do you bowel movements like slowly get worse until it eventually leads to d*.I get worried if my bowels are a little looser than normal (not d*) and it usually makes me worry for the rest of the day. If I knew that it just hit you suddenly I probably wouldnt be worried as often. So does it come on quickly or lead into d*?

Default Re: Question I have always wondered about

Noro usually hits you like a lead pipe...it comes on quickly. There's no building up to it and you don't have to wonder if you have it. Believe me...you'll know. Hope this makes you feel better. If your bowels are a bit looser than normal, it could be from any number of reasons. Mine varies with my diet, etc.

Thanks so much! My bowels have been kinda weird all day. Probably just my period coming up :/

No problem. I hope you start feeling better soon.

I actually have another question. When does fever usually set in in the course of the virus? Is it usually before the v* or after? and is it a high fever or a low fever? I take my tempurature a lot out of paranoia and my standard body temp seems to be around 99.5. I have a 99.7 right now and I'm a bit worried that it could have to do with a virus.

You temp will vary daily and hourly depending on your cycle, room temp, exertion, eating, etc. Until it reaches over 100.5 or 101 it is not a fever. Stop taking your temp.

Can I tell you exactly what it was like for me the last time I had a SV? I went to bed feeling fine, woke up feeling wretched. I had a fever of 101, chills all over and my stomach was making the most awful rumbling and gurgling noises I ever heard. I broke out into a cold sweat and was certain I was going to v** but stayed very, very still. The n** did not pass but the feeling I needed to v** did pass. Then I ran for the bathroom and had a full day of d** but never v**ed. It strikes very quickly and all the symptoms tend to floor you at once.