Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Made contact with someone who had SV!

So my good friend had SV on 12/26 in New York where she lives. I saw her on the 12/30, fully recovered, when we met up for dinner in Boston. She is a "germ phobe" like me so she is very good about hygiene. We didn't hug or share anything, although I rode in her car.

I feel fine today 12/31. But her boyfriend - who she has been staying with since Saturday 12/29 - just vomited (only once) and has fever/chills (she never had those symptoms).

I am TERRIFIED I am going to get sick. I wash/disinfect my hands constantly because I work in health care but what if I missed something? What are my odds? Some reassurance, please!

Default Re: Made contact with someone who had SV!

I think your odds are very slim. I dont believe you'll catch it. Her boyfriend probably caught it because they live together. They share a kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, and who knows what else. He was around her/their house while she was sick most likely so it made it easier for him to catch it of course. You saw your friend while she was completely better. You cant catch it by being close to a person who recently had it. You catch it from their v* or d* particles(dont know how else to say it...lol disgusting I know) but as long as she didnt v* in front of you then youre gonna be okay!!

Not to be too graphic, but if they had sex he probably touched her butt and such and other areas you certainly wouldn't. She also pooped at his place and if she did and then he touched the toilet and didn't wash his hands, he could have caught it that way. I assume you weren't as intimate with her as he was, you'll be fine!

Sometimes it is just better not to imagine how someone could have caught something.

Ha! Veryyyy true.