Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Freaking out, panic attack! Help!

I went to a school dance tonight. It was packed. Everyone was so close together and we were all pretty much face to face. I'm freaking out because I'm afraid I could have caught something from someone... I kepty hands washed and everything though.. I'm worried because for the first half of the dance my date didn't feel good and felt sick to his stomach but by the end he was fine. I don't know what to so but in having a panic attack now!

Default Re: Freaking out, panic attack! Help!

Honestly I would say no reason to worry about anything. People are in close quarters all the time without getting sick, no reason for you to get anything from anyone, especially if you kept your hands washed. Your date could have just had indigestion or nerves, or gas pains, most people don't pay as close of attention to their digestive tract as us emet's do, and so when they say they feel sick to their stomach it doesn't have to mean they're actually sick. If he felt fine by the end there isn't any reason to worry.