Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy AWAY from home, scared and anxious,help!!

Away from home and feeling anxious and n*.any comfort, as I am feeling anxious and homesick.
    Please help, please!

Default Re: AWAY from home, scared and anxious,help!!

The first time I had an sv and I lived many states away from my family, I was terrified. I even called my mother. It was scary the first few times, but then I realized I would live through it even if I was alone and far from those I knew. Your anxiety is probably causing the n*. You are not alone. Others feel this way, too.

Let yourself be open to the new experiences that await you. Leave your room and join in the fun. You will find that your homesickness will fade. Hope you have a good time. Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with Cynna. I moved far away about a year ago and sometimes the homesickness does come back, but even if you're just on a trip, going out and exploring and finding new, fun things to do really does help. You stop being in your head and panicking, and you start having fun and enjoying your time in a different place!
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

You are okay. You're anxiety is what is causing your n*. Just rest for a moment an settle down.... Maybe call a close friend or relative, that might help ease some of the anxiety. I used to travel a lot before I became emetophobic and I remember all the jet lag and homesickness and carsickness and boat sickness and all those crazy things.. But guess what? I was okay each time! Each one ended up going away, and it goes by even faster when you're calm about it. I haven't v* in nearly 8-9 years and the times I did I was very young and infected w/ an sv*.

I know it's rough, but you're strong and you got this!!!
    Good luck!

I'm an adult now but all through my teenage years I never went out and had sleepovers every weekend with my girlfriends because my anxiety and phobia kept holding me back... Everytime I'd try I'd end up waking up feeling sick and having to call my mom to come get me( this actually happened at my first sleepover, when I was about 8 or 9). I never stayed strong and stuck through it and I regret not going to all those sleepovers with my friends.
    You are alright. Trust me. It's more scary than anything when you feel sick away from home, but stay strong!!! You can do it.

Thanks so much you guys for the responses. I ended up having a great time, I felt a lot better the next day. It was really my first time being truly away from home, I just was really scared. I am glad I went and faced my fears.

Proud of you.