Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Height and Weight

I'm 5'6.5 and 136 - the heaviest I've ever been. I don't think I'm fat but I always feel like crap when I look at my tummy. I weighed 100 pounds last year, I was quite underweight and then I just went up. I know I'm not overweight but it's just tough for me, I'm almost fifteen and it's just sort of miserable being a teenager. I want to lose anywhere from 6-11 pounds and work on my stomach.

Ana, your weight is perfect! If you lost 14 pounds, you would be bordering underweight (all that according to the BMI chart in my mom's office...). Ultimately it's your body and your choice, I'm not trying to nag.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

I'm a dude, but 5'9 at about 175lbs. I recently started lifting, so have been bulking up. I'm psyched!

There are a lot. Raspberry, lime, lemon. . . etc.
    -Jenni

"Look for love and evidence that you're worth keeping." PJ

Omg... I'm only 4'8" so I'm a dwarf? There's another confidence booster ha

The coolest people I know are dwarfs My grandmothers were around that height. No realtion to my son's condition.

Did you ever end up sick after the experience with the lady with the runs and your coworker? Did I miss the update?

I've suffered (and still suffering, but it's semi-dormant) with Anorexia for around a year now. I'm 5ft and 94lbs at the moment. When I went into hospital, I was 4ft 11" and 65lbs, which wasn't very healthy AT ALL. I've been bouncing between 65-110lbs ever since. I'm generally sick of being fat.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I'm 5'6, and 117lbs. I take after my mom with the not able to gain weight thing. I would like to gain a little and then work out so i could tone up. Having children takes a toll, and the gravity takes effect- lol.. I would like to be a little bit taller also! Im the shortest in my family.. When i was 15 (im 23 now), i weighed around 130, give or take a couple...and i loved it, bc i had a great booty.. and i swear i was an inch taller! if i could make it back to that body, tht would awesome!!

I'm 5'8 and 117 lbs. I would like to gain a few lbs of muscle, I haven't worked out over the holidays so I'm kind of flabby.

I'm 5'6 and finally got up to 8 and a half stone (119 pounds). It's taken me a good 7 years to put the weight back on after dropping to 5.5 stone (77 pounds) when I got Glandular Fever. I had just got up to 7 stone when I my OCD got severe and I was at Uni and couldn't feed myself or eat out and lost a lot of weight again. I'm pretty happy being the weight I am now. Before I felt scared about getting ill and now having the weight to get me through it. I had this vision of getting a sickness bug and dying from it because I was too skinny to deal with it. But now I'm in the normal weight for my height

I'm 5'9'' and about 180 at the moment. Used be 135 but had to work so hard to stay there :-/

I'm 5'5" and I am usually between 110-120lbs depending on my diet and exercise levels. I never had issues with food so I don't starve myself or anything, but I had a phase when I was younger (17-20) where I hated my body, because I kept thinking I was too fat and flabby but I didn't really do anything to correct the (non-existent) situation. I'd just complain about being fat. Now, well, I like my body most of the time (I just hate it when I get bloated due to eating wheat and I look pregnant).

Quote Originally Posted by Rls1994 View Post
    I'm 4'11, and weigh 112lbs. I'm fine with my weight and body but not so much about my height. Oh well.
    I'm 4 foot 11 too! 112 lbs as well. Trying to get to 105. I love being tiny but sometimes you can't help like feeling bummed about being the shortest person you know! LOL
    also, gaining or losing 5 lbs makes a huge difference on a small frame. At my heaviest I was 125, and I look like a completely different person 13 lbs ago.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

Quote Originally Posted by Skittles04 View Post
    i'm a midget at 5'1", and weigh 99 pounds, which is a healthy weight for my age and height, but i've had a history of eating disorders and being way to thin. the sickest was at 13, i was 4'9 and was only 61 pounds. no way do i want to go there again, but lately i've been wanting to be a lttle thinner again, maybe if i was around 92 pounds. even though that would be too thin :S
    the wording you use is extremely offensive and I'm a very tolerant person. I am not considered a "midget" as you called yourself, as I am shorter than you. I don't know if you are aware of the negative connotations with that word, but its hurtful to those shorter than you, both for those who fall into the "little people" category and those who do not.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

My son is a dwarf. Although I was not offended, I made a post earlier in the thread letting Skittles know that midget can be offensive to little people and others. I find that most people have no idea the history and negative connotations surrounding the word midget. Everyone knows that the n... word is offensive, but not everyone knows that midget is offensive.

I have talked to Skittles on a number of occasions. I find her to be an absolute sweetheart. I do not think she would ever try to offend anyone.

I'm 5'1 and right now I am 125. I am trying to gain 10 pounds because I prefer I more "hearty" look of you will! I was 135-140 summer 2012 but am currently coming out of a emet Induced anorexic phase for the last 4 months

All I really care about is how I look from the side. I carry ALL my extra weight in my belly, so even if the scale says 100, if I haven't been working out, from the side I look 3 months preggos. HATE IT. If I'm all muscley, I don't care about the scale if my stomach is flat.
    -Jenni

I would never have realised that 'midget' was an offensive word. Just wanted to say that in case skittles felt guilty for not knowing. x

I'm 20 and I'm about 5"2 and weigh around 95 pounds or so. I feel like I don't weigh enough but I find it soo hard to put weight on!

Skittles is not from North America. They may have different terms for little people and different phrases Down Under (Australia).

Naive I carry my weight in my belly. Try crunches. Do some the normal way. Then lay on your back (or ab roller) and put you legs to the side. Do crunches with you legs to one side, then the other. It can really help. I noticed a huge difference just doing less than 75 of each kind 3 x a week. Hope this made sense, kinda hard to type.

I kinda got out of the habit of doing the crunches.
    Last edited by Cynna; 01-07-2013 at 12:56 PM.

NaiveandTrue I know the annoyance with the belly issue. While I don't carry my weight there I have a really bad problem with bloating and most days by the evening my tummy is so fat I look 5/6months pregnant. It's very hard to get a flat stomach as women have a band of fat around their bellies that men don't have, and it's to help them produce milk, been told its known as the lactic belt.

I'm 6' (I'm male). I'm currently at 134 lbs, up from 113 lbs two months ago.

I don't have an eating disorder as such, but I've had severe nausea since June 2011 so eating has been really hard. I've turned a corner now, and I'm gaining weight and eating healthily once more.

Ok, this is not fair. Everyone here is thinner than me! New 3013 resolution: Loose 20 pounds, without my parents knowing about it. I think I'll try crunches... And less chocolate.
    Tick tock, time is passing and so is your life. Enjoy it while you can.

Quote Originally Posted by hannahb92 View Post
    I'm 20 and I'm about 5"2 and weigh around 95 pounds or so. I feel like I don't weigh enough but I find it soo hard to put weight on!
    Try the nuvaring! LOL. I was 95lbs until I got put on that evil lil ring of plastic. It implants an invisible little troll into your brain that screams, "EAT ALL THE THINGS!!!"
    -Jenni

When I was trying to put weight on I drank complan shakes. They are a 200 calorie milkshaky thing I used to drink with breakfast. They don't taste bad at all, lots of flavours. Kinda like the slim fast shakes but instead of drinking them instead of a meal, drink them WITH food as well.

Ana you look beautiful. I just looked at the picture thread and saw you in a dress. Do not loose any weight. There are plenty of people on this site that weigh more than you do. I am one of them.

New Year 3013, you can try to loose weight. I am sure none of us will be alive by 3013, but who knows.......in the year 2525 if man is still alive.......

(it is from a song from the 60's)

I'm 5'9" and weigh around 120. I like the way I look but I know it isn't healthy. I restrict my diet because of my emet and my IBS. I also get migraines, which I probably wouldn't get as often if I ate more, but it's really hard when you have stomach issues. :/

I'm 5'9" and I weigh 170 lbs. I am pretty comfortable with my body and weight, however, I would like to lose a few pounds!

Thought it was cute, saw it on FB

I'm a bit slow; but I researched the word 'Midget' and I found 'Midget Wrestling' and 'Midget Displays'.
    I don't want to sound ignorant or anything, but is that why it's offensive?x

There are over 200 different types of dwarfism. The most common form of dwarfism is achondroplasia. They tend to have smaller arms, smaller legs, big head, and a big forehead. Amy Roloff (LPBW) has achondroplasia. You have probably seem some around.

Midgets are proportional dwarfs. They essentially look like little kids or dolls. They do not exist as much anymore due to the use of growth hormones.

There were issues before the 30's too.

In 1933 there was a World's Fair in Chicago. There were also others fairs around this time. They had midget cities. They would only hire proportional dwarfs. They would not hire people with achondroplasia. This sent two messages out. One it left some dwarfs unable to get a paying job in the midget cities. Two it increased the sterotype that dwarfs with achondroplasia or some other forms were not beautiful or were somehow more abnormal.

When they filmed the Wizzard of Oz, they used midgets. They are only a handful in the movie that were not actual midgets, but had other forms of dwarfism.

This is why midget is offensive to a lot of dwarfs. It is considered a slur and public objectification of dwarfism.

Again, I was never upset by the use of the word. I did want to spread the word that is it offensive in the US. Most do not know that in the US the term midget is just like saying the n... word. My son is a dwarf/little person. The term has come up by others in many conversations. I am well aware that most have no idea it is offensive.

Not upset with anyone. Just educating.