Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Ate some rotten cream cheese frosting... :(

I'm freaking out and I already have n* and this horrible taste in my mouth. Help
    ~Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there's footsteps on the moon!~

Default Re: Ate some rotten cream cheese frosting... :(

I think you'll be fine! I once ate cream cheese frosting and then realized about an hour later that the package had expired six months before but it didn't make me ill. Take some deep breaths.

Brush your teeth and use mouthwash to get rid of the taste. How do you know it was rotten?

There's an awful lot of sugar in frosting. It takes a lot for it to go bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Grace47 View Post
    There's an awful lot of sugar in frosting. It takes a lot for it to go bad.
    Agreed. A few years ago I had a friend who baked me a red velvet cake for my bday. I was admittedly lazy and left it out on my kitchen counter without throwing it away and it molded. A buddy of mine crashed at my place that night because he had too much to drink. During the night he got up and had himself a piece of cake apparently without turning the light on. I saw the frosting all over his face the next morning. Of course I laughed when I told him how moldy the cake was. Anyhow, to make a long story short, it had cream cheese icing and he never even so much as got an upset stomach. You'll be okay. (And yes...my cleaning habits have now changed...lol).

EWilkins...I have a bad habit of leaving old food in the fridge before tossing it. I have to watch my hubby. He will eat it. I am like why did you eat this you know it was 2 weeks old. He said it was fine. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Cynna View Post
    EWilkins...I have a bad habit of leaving old food in the fridge before tossing it. I have to watch my hubby. He will eat it. I am like why did you eat this you know it was 2 weeks old. He said it was fine. LOL
    Sounds like my dad...he's the guy who would still make toast out of bread that was starting to go moldy....he used to say, oh its fine, its Penicillin...just scrape it off a little and its like brand new haha...never got sick from it...but I don't take my chances with anything being moldy...except blue cheese and gorgonzola

I have to admit that I have scraped mold off of cheese before. I've also just torn the moldy parts off of bread before and eaten it. It's true that most mold on food won't hurt you. It's never made me sick but now, I feel like I should knock on wood!