Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Overeating

Smile Overeating

I didn't eat much today and me and my husband went on a long motorcycle ride. It was freezing cold, I was shivering so bad. When we got home I was like I want a big delicious hamburger. So we went to take a hot shower and I just couldn't warm up. We took off to go to this new restaurant in town that has "gourmet burgers" if there is such a thing. I ordered the regular with added bacon. It was soooooo good I ate the whole thing plus all the homemade fries. I don't usually eat that much in one sitting plus since I was so hungry I ate really fast. Then my husband stopped at baskin Robbins for ice cream. I said no I was too full. But since I had to hold it I was eating it.

My problem is its been hours since I ate. But I still feel extremely full. And I don't like to fall asleep feeling really full. It's like 1am and I'm tired but I can't get this miserable bloated feeling to go away. I took gas x but no help. Any ideas to make this bloated feeling to go away? It's been about 6 hours since I ate. I can't even drink anything because I feel so full.

Default Re: Overeating

Fantastic job! You should be so proud of yourself! Anyone would be full from such a big meal, and it probably didn't help that you didn't eat much earlier. I'm guessing you don't normally eat that much and might sometimes skip a meal here or there? Either way, it is normal to be so full and bloated. Maybe herbal tea would help with the bloated feeling? I did a quick google search and this seems like it has some good tips: http://www.speedyremedies.com/how-to...-bloating.html I know you feel so full you can't have anything else but maybe just a little water could help. Hope you can sleep soon.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    "One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching"

My Emetophobia blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My photography Tumblr:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hi, thanks. That link had a lot of remedies. Most of which I don't have on hand. Even though I am the herbal tea queen. I just cannot put anything else in there. I have tried water and some soda but I feel it reflux ing back up my throat.
    I never eat that much especially in one sitting. Mostly because I hate feeling like this. I do skip way too many meals but usually I've had so much space between meals I don't feel like eating when it's time to eat. But tonight I was just so hungry I ate so fast ny body wasn't registering the food I just ate.
    Ive taken more pills but no help. So I'm up on here reading and trying to reply to posts hoping it'll make me feel better.

Hopefully you feel better by now. I usually just let myself fall to sleep when I feel really full like that. The feeling has usually passed by the time I wake up.

Sometimes you just gotta have that burger. Good for you for splurging. Hope you feel much better now. Next time see if they have a princess burger which is smaller and get a kids size ice cream

I'm the SAME WAY! Even as an infant I drove my mom crazy never eating more than 2oz of formula at a time. Same with laying down on a full stomach - I always wait 30 mins after eating before I lay down. lol

HOWEVER - there is this place around here called California Tortilla with the most ADDICTIVE burritos the size of cinder blocks.
    SO MANY times I've over-indulged on those delicious, delicious bastards.

I usually end up feeling GROSS and bloated for HOURS later, even when I get my standard 310 calorie havana burrito in a bowl. 6 rolls around and I still don't want to eat dinner.
    I've never v*ed though. So you're safe.
    -Jenni

"Look for love and evidence that you're worth keeping." PJ

Well I survived the night with all that bloating. I couldn't sleep on my stomach like I normally do, so that sucked. I overslept but I still felt like my food wasn't digested. Had to get up and move around.
    Plus I haven't felt like eating all day. So from not eating I got horrible heartburn so I doubt I'll eat much dinner tonight. Which is the norm. Especially when I traumatized myself with too much food.
    Thanks for the responses. I haven't over ate in so long it was miserable. I watch everyone else do it and think how can you do that?