Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy freakin' scared.

So, about 45 minutes ago, right after lunch, I got a miniature case of the hiccups, which scares me a lot, because historically, hiccups always lead to puke... when I stopped, my chest and stomach hurt, and I freaked out. That was 45 minutes ago, and I'm still worried that since I had hiccups earlier that I'm gonna throw up at some point today. Last time I had hiccups was when I had the SV three years ago. I still have that squeezing and pulling feeling in my chest and it worries me because that happens when I throw up! I don't know if it's leftover hiccup feeling or what, but I just, I'm scared. I have to go to the boys' house in an hour, and I'm just hoping and praying nothing bad happens!!
    keep a cool head, and breathe easy, my friend
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: freakin' scared.

Well, I can tell you that I always get the hiccups and they have nothing to do with vomiting! It's just your diaphragm spasming. I often get them when I'm not breathing properly! Don't worry Go to the boys' house and enjoy yourself! Nothing bad will happen. Hiccups do tend to recur more than once in a day, so don't get scared if they come back. It's just your diaphragm being stupid!
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

I agree. I get hiccups often and it's never lead to v*. I usually eat fast though and that causes mine most of the time, although I can get them for no reason. I hope you did go to the boys' house and enjoyed yourself! Show emetophobia that it cannot win!
    Virtue - "You don't need a reason to help people"

Never v.. from hiccoughs. Per the Berenstain Bears, Papa Bear gets them when he does not eat slow enough. Papa Bear never v... either. Think you are just worrying a bit to much.

Well, every time I clear my throat I have two hiccups, and I'm just scared.... I'm hiccuping now and gagging a little and over salivating and just worried that this is some kind of pre-stomach bug thing. I've got a headache and I'm just a wreck.... it feels like I could throw up at any minute but I don't really feel nauseous, it's just that upward squeezing feeling. UGH.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Try to keep calm when the hiccup comes, the anxiety is taking over and playing tricks on you! I hiccup all the time, most often after eating bread for some reason but have never *v as a result and never heard of anyone else that has!

I'm trying to stay calm it just feels like when I'm supposed to hiccup that I'm going to puke.... yikes.

Omg rosie, someone is breaking into my house. Ahhhhhh

you're trying to scare my hiccups off, huh? LOL that's terrible if someone is seriously breaking in!!

You are too smart. Have you tried peanut butter? I am fine

http://www.myhomeremedies.com/static/hiccoughs.html

haha, I am a genius Cynna I'll try peanut butter and such.

How are you now? Did you go out?

I usually hold my breath, and my aunt told me to drink water from the other side of a glass (like you usually hold the glass and sip from the side closest to you, but try to drink out of the opposite side without turing the glass!) It worked!
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!