Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default My mom sick again

I cannot deal with this again. I can't do it. Someone please help me preserve my sanity...or what's left of it. She visited my niece and nephew for NYE who I am betting were still contagious. I haven't been home all night so I was not there when she started vomiting. I told my dad I am not going to live there anymore. I am hiding at my friend's right now. I can't live with people who don't care about hygiene. Our house is filthy. I feel mental right now. Help I feel nauseous.
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

Default Re: My mom sick again

Is anyone there? Anyone at all?
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

My dad said she has been vomiting since 6pm.
    My shadow

Hey hun, I'm so sorry to hear this I can't imagine how anxious and panicky you must feel!!! I don't blame you for wanting to live somewhere else, I would too. I definitely love living on my own and being able to sanitize as much as I want to.

You can get through this, either by staying elsewhere or by once again just sanitizing like crazy. You're not going to get sick though, you weren't around when she started to be sick. So right now, you're totally good. Can you stay at your boyfriend's or at a hotel locally or something? Or do you have friends who are willing to let you stay for a couple nights?

Unfortunately, I cannot find anywhere to go. I think I have to go home tonight. I'm terrified.
    My shadow

I'm sorry Do you have ear plugs? I used to use those or headphones turned up loud so that I didn't have to hear anything. You can stay healthy, this doesn't mean you are doomed in any way.

I know normally you don't want remedies or anything, but tell your mom if she can brew 4-6 bags of tea in a mug, let it get super dark, and sip that, it should help stop the vomiting. Also for a preventative for you, apple cider vinegar kills bad bugs, including food poisoning and stomach bugs. It really does work, I have non emet friends who now use it regularly when they have one of those things come up.

I do have ACV but it is hard for me to drink because the taste itself is nauseating. I have headphones and I plan on using them. I feel like I am doomed because people in my house keep getting sick.
    My shadow

If you buy some juice, that can help cover the taste. I always drink it with a straw as well, and put the straw further back in my mouth so I don't really taste it

I know.. but they are getting sick because they aren't careful, if there is something an emet is- it's careful. You can stay clear of this, you aren't doomed, you can make it through this- emotionally bruised and battered, but I don't in any way think you're bound to get it!! Lysol like crazy, don't touch face, wash hands, you WILL be okay.

I feel so sick right now. My dad offered to put me up in a hotel for a few days but I am scared to be alone and away from my cats/dog. As much as I loathe living with my parents, it's still my home. I feel so conflicted. I mean either way I have to go home to pack.
    My shadow

I would say do the hotel.. Some hotels are good with allowing pets, you could take your cat for company. It'll lower your anxiety level to manageable at least until your mom isn't sick. Going home to pack you should be totally okay, just wash hands and spray lysol on everything you touched (aka spray down purse etc). I'm glad your dad offered that and understands how much this is affecting you!

I think I need to go home. I'm just scared to.
    My shadow

Well good for you, way to not let emet win! Then go home, and push through, in a day it'll be done!! The one upside to bugs is that they don't last long. Just load up on your cleaning/bleach/lysol products, wash your hands like crazy, and you can do this!!

Until someone else catches it.
    My shadow

You can't think like that! Someone may, but equally you may be totally good and it'll end with your mom. Has your dad been sick at all yet during this time when you're mom is a bug magnet?

wasnt she just sick like a month ago?? do u think maybe she could have some underlying issue, that has nothing to do with sv's**?? she could have like pnuemonia or something and no one ever know. anyway stay calm pls dont stress yourself out too much just yet! u didnt get it last time, remember just keep washing everything regularly and u will be A ok

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Not likely Valen. The last time she vomited a total of like five times in the span of 48 hours and this time it has been continuous vomiting since 6pm. My niece and nephew had noro or rotavirus the week before Christmas and my sisters caught it from them when we went to visit on Christmas Eve. My mom had been staying in Columbus at my sister's house with my niece and nephew and has been around them constantly. She rarely washes her hands and on the rare occasion that she does, it's literally for about 2 seconds (if that). I just am certain that my niece and nephew are still shedding it in their stool and maybe she contracted it after changing diapers or something. I don't know My dad said she told him she had come home 'not feeling quite right' and then started vomiting some time after that. I saw her at 5:45ish for a total of about one or two minutes then I left for the Cavs game with my boyfriend and had been out all night whilst she was vomiting. Waited out my anxiety at a friend's house and just bit the bullet and arrived home a little while ago. I am terrified. I Lysoled the shit out of everything and drank ACV. I don't feel well.
    My shadow

I just feel like the air I am breathing is contaminated and there are particles present on virtually every surface/doorknob in my household and no amount of cleaning/disinfecting will do anything Funny how my friends and I were planning to hit up a diner for food right before I received the text from my dad stating that my mom is sick and now my appetite is completely gone.
    My shadow

I am severely mentally exhausted. I just went to lay outside in the snow until I cannot feel anything anymore.
    My shadow

TMI but I just had a bout of loose stool and I have the chills. I feel really sick to my stomach.
    My shadow

I am terrified my dad is next. I keep hearing someone go in/out of bathroom on the floor below my bedroom. My dad said my mom has been confined to basement all night since she first started showing symptoms. I'm so scared.
    My shadow

Is anyone there? I have this terrible gnawing feeling in my stomach. I feel so nauseous. I just want to talk to someone.
    My shadow

I am so sorry...how is everything now?

Don't worry, we're here for you! How are you doing right now?

Any update?

Isn't this like your mom's third time over the span of a month? I'm starting to think she has something more going on other than sv. How old are you? Are you old enough to get your own apartment?

I wouldn't stay in a hotel. Sometimes us Emet's need to push ourselves. That doesn't mean don't take precautions and go around her but stay in your room and slowly come out. Maybe holler down and check on her to show you care but you don't have to go down there. Bleach everything in site. When my husband is sick i have no choice but to stay at the house with him. I even slept in the bed with him and I didn't catch it. I was so worried but i was so thankful I didn't catch it. It is possible to escape it just keep your hands and the surfaces in your house clean. Go home if that is where you are most comfortable. I understand your conflict. I worry when i'm away that i'll get sick away and would rather just be at home even if there are risks. I say go home. Stay in your room and relax and breath deeply. Hope you are feeling better now.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadxxInside92 View Post
    Not likely Valen. The last time she vomited a total of like five times in the span of 48 hours and this time it has been continuous vomiting since 6pm. My niece and nephew had noro or rotavirus the week before Christmas and my sisters caught it from them when we went to visit on Christmas Eve. My mom had been staying in Columbus at my sister's house with my niece and nephew and has been around them constantly. She rarely washes her hands and on the rare occasion that she does, it's literally for about 2 seconds (if that). I just am certain that my niece and nephew are still shedding it in their stool and maybe she contracted it after changing diapers or something. I don't know My dad said she told him she had come home 'not feeling quite right' and then started vomiting some time after that. I saw her at 5:45ish for a total of about one or two minutes then I left for the Cavs game with my boyfriend and had been out all night whilst she was vomiting. Waited out my anxiety at a friend's house and just bit the bullet and arrived home a little while ago. I am terrified. I Lysoled the shit out of everything and drank ACV. I don't feel well.
    DeadxxInside92 -- must live in the Cleveland area...I work in Willoughby and live in Madison OHIO....unfortunately the SV is going around like mad -- making me very nervous and I like you wonder every day when its going to hit my house (my mom just had it yesterday and unfortunately for her she also suffers from emetophobia). I don't blame you one bit for not wanting to go home right now and commend you for actually doing it. I'm hoping you are feeling better and that it was just nerves - BTW did the Cav's win???

Maybe one day we can meet...would be nice to meet someone who is just like me since most people do not understand and unfortunatley for me my husband is one of them!
    kellygirl

Are you ok? Please do not sleep in the snow. It is only in the 20's here. Can't be any warmer where you are. Wish I could give you a huge hug, let you cry on my shoulder and tell you everything is going to be ok.

Are you home now? Hopefully jamming to some music with your headphones or distracting yourself with a good movie . I say, tomorrow, put on some gloves and a mask and clean! You have a right to feel safe and clean in your own home. I know "over-sanitizing" is feeding the phobia, but in my opinion, there is nothing wrong with taking extra precautions when someone has been sick. My non-emet friend's son just had a sv, and he said she got out the bleach and scrubbed her house from top to bottom-- made me feel better that "normal" people do that, too