Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Let my guard down. Is this a stupid thing to think about? Please help me.

I've been really anxious all day. I ate out of my comfort zone and I promised myself I wouldn't post anything but I am. It's not because I ate out, but all this anxiety has made me go COMPLETELY irrational. Today I filled up my dogs water bowl with water from my drink bottle, little specks splattered back onto my hand (like TINY specks) and I assume around the mouth of the bottle. I sat my bottle on the bench and later today filled it with water and started drinking. I'm scared that there was something splattering onto the lid. Ahhh I'm seriously so scared. Is this irrational? I honestly want to cry so much right now.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    "One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching"

My Emetophobia blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My photography Tumblr:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Let my guard down. Is this a stupid thing to think about? Please help me.

I think you're being totally irrational. I don't think you'd get sick from that. No worries. c:

Default Re: Let my guard down. Is this a stupid thing to think about? Please help me.

You will be fine. I never get ill from my pets, and I cuddle and kiss them all the time. I only get ill from humans. They are far less hygienic!

I am almost certain that you will be just fine, it is the two legged people that don't wash their hands who are more to be avoided. I have three cats and they get everywhere, yes, I clean every surface umpteen times a day, but in 25 years I have been fine with my pets and all the fussing and loving that they have lavished upon them. Deep breath, forget it like it never happened, honest, you will be ok.

I'm quite embarrassed that I even put this post up... I told my Mum and she said she washed my drink bottle! All that worry for nothing... just was in a panic. Thank you everyone
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    "One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching"

My Emetophobia blog:

My photography Tumblr:

Since the issue is over and done with and the bottle was washed.....Dogs sometimes lick their butts and other dogs butts. Dog sometimes eat .........

I used to kiss my dog when I was young. I also kissed my cats.

It is possible I believe (still not a scientist) to pick up E coli or something from the dog. I have read about a story about a kid getting sick and the main suspect was the dog.

I found a quote on a website
    'I'd keep fido though. The benefits of a child having a dog, and even some messiness, outweighs the alternative.'

Just try to kiss the pooches on the forehead or cheeks of you are concerned where the dogs mouth might have been.