Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

So I'm working for this new company and some of their policies are a little.... frugal. It seems that there is a chance</span>,
    though not yet a certainty, that I will need to share a hotel room with
    one of the partners here while on a business trip next month.

The thought of that has put me almost into an immediate panic attack.
    If it comes to that, do you think I am in my rights to say
    "unfortunately, I suffer from a condition that would make it extremely
    unpleasant for both of us to share a room with one another?" I can't
    imagine what I would do if I were in this hotel room with the partner
    and I wake up at 2am with a n* panic attack (such as happened last
    night).....

Thanks in advance,

Lewis

Edited by: lewisr

I think if the company you work for has any sympathy for their employees they should be fine with that. Sure it may cos them more but if they have a problem with it maybe they should only send one of you on the trip. It isn't fair for them to expect two almost strangers to share a room, so I think you should voice your opinions, it isn't worth making yourself miserable over.
    <center><font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><font size=\"4\"><font color=Magenta>I\'d Reach for the stars but I can\'t find my arms...</font></font>

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I work for a company that has similar "frugal" policies. Fortunately, when faced with having to share a room, I was able to pick my roommate who happens to be one of my best friends. If I had to share with a stranger, I would refuse. I would offer to pay the difference to have your own room. I wouldn't get into the details of why, cuz they don't care. Just say you would prefer to have your own room.

I would offer to pay the difference to have my own room. I would want that anyway, despite this phobia. I personally dont think you owe them an explanation as to why you want your own room.

Yeah me too I would pay the difference it's really none of their business why you want your own room. Besides I mean who wants to share a room with some on who is a perfect stranger to them?

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

You know, that policy is so dumb. My first job out of college had dropped a policy like that before I started, and I was shocked that they would make two people stay together. I would request my own room, and if they say no, I'd pay for it myself. (You can always take a tax deduction for it as an un-reimbursed business expense.) What an invasion of privacy. That sucks.
    In memory of the sweetest german shepherd I ever had the pleasure of knowing. I love you, Duncan. 3/12/02 - 12/19/11

I agree with Leigh and 2jo2, ask them about that. Pay the difference and get your own room. That way you will be comfortable.