Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Does anybody else do this?

Right say you're going to the supermarket and you wash your hands before you leave with sanitize that is supposed to protect your hands for several hours, once you've been and returned home you wash them again even though they're still clean from before. I find myself washing my hands much more frequently during this Noro season. I think it will calm down past March but still, does anybody else do this?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Does anybody else do this?

I wash my hands as soon as I get in my house always, even if I've just sanitized in the car. I make my partner do the same.

I always wash my hands whenI get home. I make my kids do the same, I even make them change their clothes after school.

I wash my hands when I get home from anywhere. In fact I went to the dentist and used their hand sanitizer and then got back home and washed them thoroughly with warm water and soap. I still don't feel like my hands are 'clean' when I use hand sanitizer. I realise that they are don't have germs etc. on them but they still feel like sticky and dirty from dust etc. Like when I wash them you can see a few spots of brown in the sink hahaha. I just don't feel like sanitizer gives that same clean smelling fresh feel.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    "One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching"

My Emetophobia blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My photography Tumblr:

I do the same Joe! Even if I don't even touch anything while I'm out, which I don't anyway, I still wash my hands like three times when I get back. I also get my parents to do the same, otherwise they won't... Also, if I open a door with my jumper when I'm out I put it straight in the wash when I get back.
    Virtue - "You don't need a reason to help people"

*raises (over-washed) hand* I always always wash my hands as soon as I get in. This is sometimes a challenge when it's dark and I end up with lingering light-switch paranoia until I've cleaned it. I wish my bf would do the same, but no luck as yet

I just think its the sensible thing to do, I make EVERYONE wash their hands, if everyone was as clean we would all be a lot happier.. So WELL DONE everyone x

If everyone washed their hands more often I'm sure sickness in general would decrease significantly.

I do the same thing. I wash my hands constantly whenever I touch ANYTHING. Why is it that most people can't do something as simple as wash their hands? Is it really that much of an inconvenience?

I wash my hands constantly..especially when I've been out in public

Quote Originally Posted by Momma2tworockstars View Post
    If everyone washed their hands more often I'm sure sickness in general would decrease significantly.
    I know..... But most people just don't care... It's so annoying!
    Virtue - "You don't need a reason to help people"