Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Anyone else have those v* tasting burps?

Hey everyone,

Hope you're all doing well. I just burped and it tasted like v*. Does this happen to anyone else? It really is scary! Is it acid reflux or something? I had a normal lunch and then was really hungry and ate a bowl of cereal, I don't understand. I've never had that before. I've burped and it's tasted like v* before but it doesn't happen regularly which is why it's scaring me. I went to the dentist, that wouldn't have anything to do with it though right?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    "One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching"

My Emetophobia blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My photography Tumblr:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Anyone else have those v* tasting burps?

UGH I HATE when that happens. It doesnt happen to me very often, but when it does..my heart skips a beat. lol. I really doubt it means anything scary. Because..well, nothing has happened everytime it's happened to me in the past. But it could definitely have something to do with acid reflux. Bc i THINK THAT particular 'taste' is actually acid (stomach acid). It is not pleasant. But might mean u could have indigestion in a little while..? maybe. Dont worry about it though, bc its nothing. And i really dont think the dentist thing would have anything to do with it, either. I dont know what causes it but im assuming the acid. I was diagnosed with acid reflux when i was a teenager.. Had indigestion/heartburn (whtever u wanna call it) 24/7, it was miserable. But just bc u had that nasty burp doesnt mean u have that at all. I was just throwing that little fact (about me) in there. lol. Try drinking some water ..stay away from caffeine, if it bothers..

Indigestion most likely. I've had that happen before. I get worried so I take pepto bismol

I get this all the time!!! It's horrible but it probably is just indigestion. Maybe have a mint after you eat if its happening a lot? I find that I suffer with indigestion a lot and mint always helps

My other thread mentioned this. I get it most of the time now and like you say, it is scary! But I've never ever v* from it. Do you also get these trapped burps as well? It's usually when I have to force a burp that I get a v* taste in my mouth usually. It's not v* though, it's just stomach acid I think? Correct me if I'm wrong though. I have acid reflux symptoms but I'm not sure if I actually do have it. Btw, when you're anxious you produce more stomach acid and gas as well apparently.
    Virtue - "You don't need a reason to help people"