Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Worried about exposure

I share a small office with a coworker that called out sick today. She said came down with a sv last night. Several other people in my company have had it recently, too. I feel like I'm surrounded. What are my chances of getting it from her? She didn't seem to have any symptoms yesterday during work, but got sick last night. She's usually very careful about sanitizing and stuff, so if she got it I'm worried that I'll get it, too. &^#$%*

Default Re: Worried about exposure

I feel ya. I am in the exact same boat. We are spread out among 2 buildings where I work. There are 70 to 100 in the one building and only 9 in the building I work in. 2 people in my building have had the stomach flu. One woman is still off with it. The other woman came back only hours after her symptoms went away. None of us caught it from her and she's been back a week. The lady who is off caught it from her family who had it the week of christmas. I guess in the other building there are like 10 people off today with it. I am in the same boat as you worried that I'm doomed and will get it too. All we can do is keep our hands clean and out of our mouths. I'm staying at my desk as much as possible and not touching things other people have touched and if at all possible i'm going to not use the bathroom here either haha. I'll hold it until i get home.

Oh man, I feel you there. I work in a hospital, and my office is a part of a very small nursing station. My co-workers and I are in constant close quarters. Last year we had a VICIOUS noro outbreak here but I managed not to get it. I think it's because I wipe down everything on my desk with alcohol wipes (I know not all noro is taken care of by alcohol wipes but I do it just to be sure) and wash my hands/don't touch my face. It's really all you can do.

You cannot spread it until you show symptoms. Wash hands and you will be fine.

Just keep your hands clean and out of your face. Here in Japan people wear masks to avoid giving and getting stuff like that. I will be praying for you not to get it. Good luck!