Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default May have found a hand sanitizer that kills noro?

Not sure if this is sold in the USA or Australia etc, but it says it stops the spread if noro! http://www.milton-tm.com/norovirus.html

Default Re: May have found a hand sanitizer that kills noro?

I can't find it on Amazon. Looks like it's not sold in the US. Hopefully, it will be here soon. I used foaming GermX and it works pretty well.

How excited am I?! Just ordered from amazon!!!!

Grace47 can you not order through amazon.co.uk and get international post?!

I use regular sanitizer all the time and its been 7 years since my last virus. I always sanitize before eating.. I should really go wash my hands but sometimes that's just not an option when i'm eating on the run or whatever so i use sanitizer. It must have some effect. I hope this stuff really does work but I probably won't order it. I'll keep using my regular sanitizer since it seems to work okay. I think the main things is just keeping your hands away from your face when you aren't eating.

I know! It is very exciting. I use the surface spray too grace47 I'm sure there must be some way of getting hold of it over amazon like Lindsey Ann said! X

The stuff I use is chlorine based not alchol based. The alchol based santizers do not kill noro, the chlorine based ones supposedly do. My family hasn't had a noro since I switched from alchol based to chlorine based. *knock on wood* Amazon's kind of funny. Sometimes my Canadian friends cannot get stuff there that we can here.

That's annoying sounds like you're using the same stuff perhaps made by the us equivalent anyway! Thanks for the chorine fact too I didn't know that!! X

I use the boots antiviral hand sanitiser. It has the required level of benzalkonium chloride that kills noro.

Ones in the US that work: Wet Ones brand, and Goldbond hand sanitizer lotion

Quote Originally Posted by Grace47 View Post
    The stuff I use is chlorine based not alchol based. The alchol based santizers do not kill noro, the chlorine based ones supposedly do. My family hasn't had a noro since I switched from alchol based to chlorine based. *knock on wood* Amazon's kind of funny. Sometimes my Canadian friends cannot get stuff there that we can here.
    O_o where did you find a chlorine based hand sanitizer? Or is it the benzalkonium chloride thing?

Gold Bond Ultimate Hand Sanitizer lotion kills noro, and is easier on your hands than the alcohol sanitizers.
    -Jenni

"Look for love and evidence that you're worth keeping." PJ

I'm going to sound crazy but even if I did buy that sanitizer I'd still not touch my face and then wash my hands like crazy when I get back home lol >_<
    Virtue - "You don't need a reason to help people"

I keep Boots in business by buying all their anti-viral hand foam! but I do wash constantly too and wouldn't eat out with bare hands without washing them!

I used to love Milton hand gel but it isn't proven to denature norovirus and I think its ethanol level is still too low (has to be over 80% ethanol) to reduce the amount of virus too.

I'm not sure if Boots Anti-viral actually works but I've heard some things suggest that benzalkonium chloride works.

I also sometimes put bleach spray on my hands because I'm so terrified of this stupid bug!

I didn't think Milton was effective against the norovirus either.