Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default 1 millions cases in the UK?! NOT!!! Guys calm down!! :)

So they say there are 1 million affected by noro in the UK?!

Please bare in mind that there are only 3877 confirmed cases! Most of these will be from hospitals....the estimates are only that! Not real!

I read on an NHS feed lots of people's stories...many sounded like our daily struggles to be honest yet when they contacted NHS direct they were told they had noro! No one can decide this over a phone call! Lots of bugs carry similar symptoms (including anxiety)

even those who get noro, not everyone *v and let's face it our bodies are well trained to stop the *v reflex!

Please guys calm down....we're making each other worse and panicking ourselves when we are over the worse of the season and not far from spring!

Keep up your hygiene and live your lives!! God knows emet has taken enough from us already!

Default Re: 1 millions cases in the UK?! NOT!!! Guys calm down!! :)

Lindsey any words of wisdom for the ones worried about the influenza?

Love your posts

Wish I could have a bit of your positve thinking Lindsey...its so hard when the UK seems riddled with the bug! Wise words though...thanks for that

Well I thought once I had influenza till my mum got it! Lets just say the majority of people who say they have influenza/noro really don not!! It's a bit like man flu! Maybe we should start referring to it as 'man noro' lol

Honeycombe I don't always feel positive but the amount of panic posts worry me and what they can do to the states of people's minds...panic creates panic...if when we feel in a good place we can offer some positivity and support then I think that just as important!

Cynna I feel you are a big influence in my change of attitude lately! You give such wise advice and I have tried to take that on and can say that it's worked! long may it last!

Lindsey, thank you very much for your post! I agree with you though, since it's the noro season, any little symptom is blamed on that. If someone v*s from eating something bad - it's noro. If someone has a stomach ache from gas pains - it's noro. To be honest, I've only heard a few people in my area go down with it. Also, an outbreak always gets posted in our newspaper if it was bad, but I haven't seen anything or heard anyone say anything about it.

I wish I was as positive as you were as an emet. You're an awesome person.
    Virtue - "You don't need a reason to help people"

Lindsey thank you. You are the one who has found the strength in yourself to fight this!

Do you know I've heard less people I know this year come down with it than last year!

Sometimes we are our own worse enemies!

Ive got a christening in London next weekend and I wasn't going, my mum even said everyone understood if I couldn't and I thought 'sod that' I've missed so much and will not anymore! But just knowing that everyone understands if I can't go is probably the one thought that will make it less scary cause I have an way out if I need it!

I think the strength is in all of us...it's a case of grabbing it a run with it when you are feeling strong enough and don't beat yourself up if you have a bad day....it's a blip not a step backwards!

Hahaha man noro! Love it! X

KWYM, my cousins got fp over Thanksgiving and I was nervous about seeing them 10 days later. LOL! However, after talking with them, I realized it really was fp. I read the majority of noro cases in the UK are in hospitals and nursing homes.

I had influenza, all over Christmas too! Xx

Also, every year the nursing home I work in get Noro, this year... Nothing! X

My husband had to get serv safe certified for his job (restaurant managers need this in the USA). Anyways, supposedly over half the time people say they had the stomach flu/norovirus when it is actually food poisoning. They only way to actually tell is to have it lab tested. I think it's just people's go to... Just to say they had stomach flu. I'm just rambling haha