Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

View Poll Results: Did you throw up in 2012?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 15.89%
  • No

88 82.24%
  • Not sure

2 1.87%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Did you throw up in 2012?

Did we all have a happy old year?
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Did you throw up in 2012?

Got virus from son in June of this year.I v... and had d... but survived. Not fun though.

I swear I did. 50/50 now. Bet you were the one who did not? haha

Once from overeating, once from anxiety and a few times from drinking/hangovers. This was all before my phobia came back full force though, or I'm sure they wouldn't have happened.

Nope but I did dry heave and I cried after, I felt so pathetic for being so upset by that

Yes I got i a stomach bug, i survived, no where near as bad as i thought it was, as it was the first time i vomited in 34 years

No. The bug has not really hit that bad over in my area (crossing fingers). But it seemed to be bad in January, so here is to hoping that it isn't this year and that it doesn't hit my husband again!!!!

No. Haven't been sick for several years now. I've never dry heaved or gagged in that time either.
    Virtue - "You don't need a reason to help people"

Nope. Thank goodness. I hope this year is the same.

I may have dry heaved once, but that might have been 2011. Not quite sure, I try to forget those things. I hope this year will be v* free.

Unfortunately in March, while staying at a fancy hotel with my sig other on "vacation" I came down with a horrible stomach bug. So bad we ended up checking out a day and a half early and going home to lay in bed and be miserable, for free, at home.

I did not v* in 2012. I came very close at least twice. Ended up taking 2 xanax and 2 phenergan BOTH times....
    Last edited by tshell; 01-06-2013 at 10:12 PM. Reason: typo

twice during one day during pregnancy which i later lost.

I had a chunder-free 2012; however I witnessed more other people vomiting in 2012 than I've seen in any other year.

Sincerely,
    David

Thankfully no! I even survived 10 weeks of pregnancy (which i ended up miscarrying at week 10) without throwing up. I hope when we try again i get through pregnancy vomit free.

How can someone not be sure if they vomited or not?

As everyone knows because I love to complain about it, I had (propably) noro in May. Vomited twice, had a little d*. Got it from my father who only had d*.
    Tick tock, time is passing and so is your life. Enjoy it while you can.

I didn`t v this year, & January is when i celebrate 16 v free years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bellini View Post
    Ana, someone might remember vomiting about a year ago and not be sure if it was 2011 or 2012. Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

No but I could have a few times. I'm a little concerned this year become I go about three years at a time w out vomiting and I'm at year three

Nope! Last time I vomited was an allergic reaction to Tamiflu which occurred early 2011.

You may find these links helpful!

Sadly, yes. At first I thought it was anxiety, but now I'm pretty sure it was a bug (it had been going around everywhere)...Hopefully this year, I'll be okay!
    “Never, ever, let anyone tell you what you can and can’t do. Prove the cynics wrong. Pity them for they have no imagination. The sky’s the limit. Your sky. Your limit.”
    -Tom Hiddleston

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bellini View Post

As everyone knows because I love to complain about it, I had (propably) noro in May. Vomited twice, had a little d*. Got it from my father who only had d*.
    Easy answer to that question..... ALCOHOL

Quote Originally Posted by asianeko View Post
    Nope! Last time I vomited was an allergic reaction to Tamiflu which occurred early 2011.
    A LOT of people I know get really sick from Tamiflu, they told me it was worse than the flu...

Nope, no V* for me in 2012. Phew. Been V* free since I think I was 7, not sure, but I'm 24 now. Hopefully my good luck will carry on through 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by twinmom73 View Post
    A LOT of people I know get really sick from Tamiflu, they told me it was worse than the flu...
    I wouldn't say it was worse than the flu. If going through vomiting once (it was literally just once with maybe 10 min of real nausea before) was the trade off and I didn't have to go through the whole flu I'd so trade. That being said, it didn't make the Flu any better :P

You may find these links helpful!

Nope, thank goodness. Oct. 2011 was last time, and it was sv* Came very close this year due to anti-depressant withdrawals but made it!

Nope, no p**ing in 2012. Very scared there might be some in 2013. I did feel sick when I started (stopped for other reasons later on) fluoxetine (anti-D) but I took domperidone (anti-emetic) quickly and was fine.

I've stayed up feeling sick about 2 or 3x this year and have stayed at home and barely seen anyone since April!

The last time I p***d was 2006 or 7 when a toddler had put her pooey hand in my mouth. I know rotavirus is incredibly rare in adults but I think it might have been a rotavirus because it wasn't virulent so no-one else got it! (even though I managed to v* on the bathroom floor!).

I am so superstitious that I'm worried that by writing that I haven't been ill I'll jinx it for this year- d'oh!
    Last edited by emet-ana; 01-15-2013 at 04:20 PM.

Nope, and hopefully if I can dodge this Noro there could be none in 2013 either!

My last sv* was in December 2011. Before that, I had not v* since October 2003, when I was 7.

Yes. Doubt this year will be any better