Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Weird feeling...

OK, I feel like I post on here a lot...I don't mean to! I just discovered this site though, and it really does help me to know others are going through it! Nothing like a person who knows where you've been to help calm you down...

Anyway...this week I've had a strange, very full feeling in my stomach a few times. It seems to pop up anywhere from 2 to 6 hours after I eat, and makes my stomach feel like I just ate 3 Thanksgiving dinners. Not exactly N* but not far from it.

I especially freak out lately because 2 years ago I had a little bug that, while it didn't cause and V*, I had a lot of D* and I remember thinking that I knew something was off the week before I got it. Now I analyze any sort of repeat stomach symptoms as a potential warning sign for an sv...then I just sit around worrying that I'm going to get sick anytime now.

It doesn't help that on Wednesday night I worked with someone who had just gotten over Noro and said she felt off a few days before that and then suddenly without warning was "violently" sick. How I wish she hadn't told me that.

My husband and I are celebrating our anniversary of our first date tomorrow and we're supposed to go out of town. It's just 1 hour away, but I get REALLY nervous to go too far away in case I happen to get N*/V* or D* and this is NOT helping! I want to be able to enjoy our fun date and not try to plan something else because I'm scared!

Help please?

Default Re: Weird feeling...

I'm sorry to hear all that. I can relate to all the above. I even get nervous going across town when I'm feeling like that. I'm not sure what could be causing your fullness. Could be anything from constipation, gas, water retention. I hope you start to feel better and enjoy your anniversary.