Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Question How many people also suffer from this?

I have been suffering from a lot of deep belly aches from my IBS this week, I suspect that I ate too much trifle on new years but the last day or so I've been getting a lot of pressure feeling along the bottom of my ribs. Today it seems to have gotten worse and I have a wierd sickly feeling in my stomach, I cant get a decent breathe without gasping and shaking and I keep coughing violently, more like a retch. I've taken some pepto bismol but was wondering if this is something other people get and if they have any tips for it? Is it as simple as indigestion and gas making me feel like this?

Default Re: How many people also suffer from this?

I do not have ibs, but my dh does. He does sometimes get these symptoms when he has eaten dairy, wheat or another food that aggrivates his problem. It may take a couple of days for it to clear your system. Take it easy and review what you ate to see if you got into any intolerances. This is one reason I do not like to eat at other people's houses. They try, but those without food allergies and intolerances, don't seem to fully understand that even a trace can be too much. I hope you feel better soon.

Has anyone got any new ideas about how to ease sharp painful crampy gas pains?

Quote Originally Posted by Whisper447 View Post
    Has anyone got any new ideas about how to ease sharp painful crampy gas pains?
    I suffer from IBS and I have exactly the same problem (actually right now). I get a full feeling in my stomach and feel a bit nauseous and belly keeps gurgling. I get it when I am either stressed, anxious or have eaten spicy foods (all of which I have done today). The best thing for it is water and more water as it get rid of the trapped wind. Other things you can try is going for a brisk walk, taking windese or doing some situps.