Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Emetophobia Recovery System

Has anyone tried this?

I had an email the other day with the great offer they have on at the moment where you get lots and lots of stuff free but I'm just wondering whether anyone has tried this programme and whether it's worth it?

I'm getting married in April and so money is VERY tight. I really want to purchase it but I'm not sure I can justify it.

What do you think?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Emetophobia Recovery System

Hey

Read my thread. I bought this today. I reccomend it. xx

I just bought this about a month ago. I found parts of it helpful, however it focuses more on controlling panic attacks rather than on the nature of the phobia itself. There are plenty of helpful hints in the book though and the relaxation and visualization techniques on the CDs can do nothing but help. I dont think it is a quick fix to this phobia but parts of it are helpful. Thats just me though. Others may find it extremely helpful.

Hi all! I joined this site a while ago, but haven't visited often... I've been suffering my whole life and really want to finally free myself and move on, if its possible. So I'm back, but have some actual concerns about this group.... What is this sites affiliation with 'the emetophobia recovery system?' Is it one and the same? While I was researching our condition, my exploration lead me to the website of a psychologist, Dave Carbonell, Ph.D. He had a lot to say about internet marketers that feed on desperate (like me) individuals that need real help. He was interviewed by WGN News regarding one of these 'Internet scams' targeting anxiety sufferers... there is a youtube video, you can check out just search youtube for WGN phobias.' this article did not mention the emetophobia recovery system specifically. It made me wonder like many of you, if this program is for real.

I was considering purchasing the program, but had doubts, since it was not created by a doctor. So I did a lot of reading on the Emetophobia recovery system website, and learned that it was created by Richard Presta, the same man (with apparently three separate identities) that was featured in the WGN News sting operation mentioned above. This isn't to say that the program won't work for you...

I honestly think my post will be deleted, and that ill likely be removed from this site entirely. I really think that a support community can be helpful, and hope that I will be able to continue to benefit after this post!

since what I learned mostly from my research, is that there is VERY little research on Emetophobia. This puts us at even greater risk to be vulnerable to fraudulent practices, since little is out there that specifically aims at our problem.... I'm not saying that the ERS (emetophobia recovery system) won't work for you, as it appears the author has read numerous self help books.(including Dr. Carbonell's) But the point that Dr. David Carbonell made was that a genuine self help book shouldn't cost more than about $20, you will find it sold in bookstores, like amazon, etc. Since this product is entirely digital, it costs almost nothing produce. I did check the BBB Mr. Presta's company is listed as having an A rating. So I expect that the customers are receiving what they hope for or are at least are being reimbursed if not happy. That is definitely a plus.

So the real question is why so little treatment research is being done on emetophobia and if there is something we can do about it!

i plan on doing something about that! I live in NYC, and am a member of an anxiety support meetup group here. In the meeting I've attended, I've actually, I've met numerous other sufferers do emetophobia, suprisingly, especially since the average size of the group was 5-10. Possibly a coincidence, but from what I have researched, it is actually a very common fear. On one psychology website, it was listed as the 5th most common phobia!

Sorry this is so long! And hope to hear more success stories from all of you!