Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy OT: Thinking on leaving.. :/

In the past few days or so I've gotten into a lot of panic reading some posts/thread titles on here. I know that no one intends to make anyone here panic or anything, but still... I'm sure you know which posts I'm talking about. I think I'd be better off if I was not on here anymore, or up until the SV* has died down and there's no more panic posts about it.

This is a GREAT site! Please don't get me wrong! The members are kind, caring and supportive and the mods do a great job! I'm going to miss some of you guys on here, you know who you are! Who knows, I may come back soon, or I may not. Depends how I am at the time.

Anyway, I must THANK all those wonderful people on here that have helped me get through some rough times and gave me great advice. You're all the best!

Have a wonderful new year, think positive and don't let emet win another year of your life! Show it that it cannot beat you.

Take care!
    Virtue - "You don't need a reason to help people"

Default Re: OT: Thinking on leaving.. :/

You're right, there have been a lot of posts lately that some people would find panic inducing. I think people need to maybe just word things a little better. I hope all is well with you during your absence!

I know what you mean, I'm always torn as to whether or not this site helps me or just makes me panic more. Reading panic posts can definitely be unsettling and I definitely think reading about norovirus and cases of people getting ill is just feeding the fear. I personally feel a lot more relaxed when I avoid the topic altogether but do find myself coming back on here every now and then just to remember I'm not alone.

Do what is best for you, and I hope this new year is as worry free as can be!

I know how you feel, I have abandoned this site for a few months too. What helps me is that I read panic threads just to help them. I don't even read threads about noro or about people who are already sick.

I come here, help people, sometimes get helped, and leave. Don't just read random threads because they wil panic me.

Do what you think it's going to make you feel better.
    Tick tock, time is passing and so is your life. Enjoy it while you can.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Do whatever you need to do to make yourself healthier. Whatever you all decide, best of luck

I see the mods have been locking threads and deleting posts when necessary. Unfortunately sometimes they get read before they can fix them. You can always report any post that you feel is full of inaccurate information or is inducing unnecessary panic by clicking on the triangle at the bottom of the post.
    Last edited by Cynna; 01-07-2013 at 01:01 AM.