Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default I am so tired of this...I am always so scared

I'm new here, and right now I am having really weird stomach feelings (potentially nauseous) but I can't tell whatsoever. It also feels heavy, bloated and gassy and I've had a few bm in the last few hours but no downright d*. I'm really afraid I'm going to v*. I ate some potatoes earlier that had been at room temp with some chicken for about 3.5 hours and at the time I told myself not to be paranoid and now I'm TERRIFIED I made the wrong decision...

I dont know how to deal anymore. My bf is so tired of reassuring me that I'm just sitting here alone...hoping somehow I might be ok.

Default Re: I am so tired of this...I am always so scared

I'm sure the food was safe and you're just making yourself feel ill because of the anxiety. We often leave food lying around for a few hours after it's cooked at home and we never get sick from it. You will be ok, but you can always take something like ginger or peppermint tea to help relieve the nausea without resorting to meds. You said so yourself that it's not even nausea, just a weird stomach feeling, so it's probably nothing And the fear can be fought, you're not doomed to live this way.

I don't know. I've actually had d* now...honestly still don't know if I'm nauseous. I ran to the bathroom once but found myself just sitting there hyperventalating with a dry mouth.

I fight the fear so often and right now I just don't want to exist in my own head and body because I don't know what's real...

I also had a food court california roll about 1.5 hours beforehand

Are you OK? I can't tell from you post if you are suicidal or not. If are having those feelings, call a hotline or goto an er.

If you are not having those feelings, then it sounds like you are battling a nasty case of anxiety. Sounds like you talked yourself into d.... with your anxiety. Please try to breathe and relax. Do something to get your mind off your belly. Do deep breathing, meditation, or just distract your mind. You can play a online game, watch a movie, read a book, anything to get your mind off of this. It will get better.

If I wasn't terrified of death I think I might be considered suicidal to some extent as I don't want to exist like this...but I would never try kill myself. As scary as this sounds in writing, I feel like I have no way out.

I might be feeling a bit better now physically but I took a gravol and a clonazepam...so my mind still worries that I'm just covering up the problem...

I had a time in my life where I was not suicidal, but was hoping for a car wreck. I wish I would have gotten help then. I was not ok at all. It took everything to get through the day sometimes.

Sounds like you are on a benzo. Be careful I hear they can be addictive. Did a doctor prescribe it? Have they tried other meds too?

Have you tried therapy? I hear that DBT and CBT are really good. Anti emetics can help the immediate feeling of n... but not the anxiety behind it. If you have not tried therapy, try to look into it. It can and does get better. There are emets here that are recovered. There are emets here that were a ball of anxiety at one time, that are not doing great.

Glad you tummy is doing a little better.

Your screen name, are you an emet anorexic? There are quite a few emets that have trouble eating.

If you do start get scary thoughts, call a hotline or go to an er. Hugs

Food is safe for four hours when it's out at room temperature. The food was safe.

I'm sorry you're anxious. But that's probably the cause of the tummy troubles. Try to take your mind off it.

I also used to have problems eating from my phobia. I'm actually vegan because of it, but I'm slowly adding things back into my diet. I used to only eat toast and saltines!

It takes a lot for me to get through the day. I am seeing a psychiatrist who is trying to help me through exposure therapy, which I find very hard to do most of the time. He is the one who prescribed the benzo. I've been taking small doses daily since april. I believe I'm dependent. I'm also on cipralex for anxiety/depression.

As for anorexic I'm borderline. I don't eat a lot because of my phobia. Often it takes a lot of convincing.

I'm still anxious

Jadeshine:

I am contemplating vegan because I get si paranoid about meat and already have intolerances to eggs and dairy. I'm trying to keep my mind off it but right now just don't know how...

Hey, can you help give me some ideas for food for my son? He is allergic to eggs and pork. He is GF/CF due to EE. Any meal ideas for him????

Takes you mind off your tummy and help me feed my son. He is a picky eater.
    Last edited by Cynna; 01-07-2013 at 12:19 AM.

Find a gf/cf/egg free cracker (I like enerG brand but regular rice crackers would work),crush them and season the crumble with flavour he might like (or even salt and pepper). To keep it easy dip chicken breast strips into a cf milk and roll in crumbs. Ta da! Chicken fingers. side of oven potatoes and you are done

how would he feel about tacos or even mini tortilla pizzas or quesadillas. I have access to cf cheese (daiya brand 'cheese') and find it makes a really good substitute. Tastes kindof like cheesies.

If you can get cheese like this you can even make a 'cream sauce' out of cf milk such as almond (that's what I use). Nutritional yeast, basil, sage and thyme for flavour and I usually make a beef stroganoff with it. If your interested I can give more detailed instructions.

Thanks for the distraction. I love sharing food ideas Ive really come to master my diet (when I actually want to eat)

Would love the recipe for stroganoff. I have not tried the df cheese. They should have it a Kroger and Whole Foods. We will have to try it. That could open up a whole new world for him. He is on a gf/cf formula mix called Elecare. He would not drink the almond milk. We can use it just like milk. He does love beans though. Loves hummus.

Would the chicken fingers work with crushed corn or rice chex cereal?

You can always pm me with recipes. I am excited now! Thanks