Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thumbs up Norovirus without *V (May be graphic)

I have a friend who just had norovirus. She came down with it a week ago Sat night. She is a nurse and went to work for 12:00 am Sat. She said she started having bad stomach pain @ 3:00 am. Enough that she could not concentrate. By 6:30 am she had *v'd into a garbage bin in the NICU. She went home and was sick with both v* and *d. The v* lasted 6 hours, the d* for 2 days, after which she developed a bad headache. She also had chills. Her son, (9 years) began v*ing Monday morning and was sick 4 times. No d*. He also had a bad headache. The next day her husband came down with it. He felt nauseous had d* a bad headache but NO v*. Their youngest son didn't get it at all! None of them took any anti-emetics!! They may not have been nearly as sick had they taken something! The youngest, when he saw all them sick said during his prayers that night "please God let me not get sick, that would be awful" Bless him, he didn't get it Anyway, it does happen that people get the dreaded norovirus and get through it without v*ing. Hope this offers some reassurance!

Default Re: Norovirus without *V (May be graphic)

Theres always hope!!! I got something last Feb. I don't know what it was, a bug of some sort that my roomate had. I have chills, was seeing white, etc, etc, I had d* and cramps but no *v! I sure felt like it, but I forced myself not to. i had to force myself not to twice.

Remember we are very good at controlling our bodies! Some people *v at the drop of a hat and some just never do! Shame that thought doesn't stop me feeling *s to the stomach sometimes!

Some people just don't v*! It's amazing. Thanks for sharing this - I always find these stories very helpful...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Att våga är att tappa fotfästet en stund, att inte våga är att förlora sig själv."
    "To dare is to lose your foothold for a moment, to not dare is to lose yourself."

Hi ballykissangel,

Yes, it does happen sometimes. A few times my whole family (5 others) have caught norovirus and vomited and I've caught it last and only had a temperature, the shakes and d*!

My dad got this nasty sv last winter, the same one I had, and I v*, but my dad did not

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I've had plenty of svs with no v. And I did not take anything stronger than pepto.

uh,this is good to hear. I really hope i'm one of this people who don't get it! That would be so good.
    "Worrying is a waste of time. It doesn't change anything, it just messes with your mind and steals your happines."

I had something last year which I was sure was food poisoning but they diagnosed my with gastroenteritis at the hospital and it was only horrible horrible cramps and d*...no n or v...nothing. No one else in my family got it either so who knows?