Long time emet sufferer, regular poster on her many moons ago.....seemed to defeat emet for a while, got my life on track and very rarely even gave v***** a thought.

I caught the dreaded Noro over New Year, and suddenly my life has taken a backwards spiral. Firstly let me assure everyone that it was not as bad as I imagined.....at the first sign of nausea, I began taking domperidone and stemitil and that seemed to keep most of the v******** at bay, however it seems to have reawakened emet in my sub conscious......so much so that I handed in my notice at work today, as I cant bear to be sat in an office full of ill people (imagined or not) :-(

My main purposes for posting is to hopefully clear up the question of Noro immunity. I understand that immunity is short lived, however I am reading conflicting information regarding different strains. Is there only one strain doing the rounds in the UK at the moment, therefore having suffered over New Year, am I immune for a little while, and can perhaps breathe a little easier, or am I just as likley to pick up another strain? Are the strains a yearly thing? One strain per outbreak? Very confused :-(