Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default It's at work again, and getting closer :(

On Friday, a guy I work with was off because he'd v*. Yesterday he happened to have a day off as holiday so today was his first day back since Thursday.

A couple of people asked how he was. He's a bit of a quiet/introvert guy, so didn't say too much but said he'd been wiped out ill for four days, and he thought he was getting better but maybe not. Then, in our team meeting, he sat there sort of... belching and taking deep sighs like he felt quesy. As an emetophobic it scared the crap out of me, but I know a couple of people found it a bit yuck and off putting and they even mentioned it to my manager to say they'd like him to go home.

This has scared me enough, but then the person I sit next to said they didn't feel well. I said I thought how what this guy had might not have been noro as I thought it was shortlived and then people just went on to tell me how that 'nope, not this time, the v* bug is lasting a good few days.'

I'm so upset because I'm doing a phased return to work right now anyway and I'm literally come down with a cold today. I have a monster sore throat, and the my head is all achy, and I feel I'm going to have a weakened immune system because of it.

Every time I feel I am doing well, something comes and knocks me for six and I feel back to square one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: It's at work again, and getting closer :(

Feeling so weird. Sat at my desk feeling majority lethargic, n*, achy...