Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi everyone!

This has been concerning me recently. I'm not sure if it's normal, but has anyone else experienced dreams or nightmares about or having to relate to vomit? Not specifically yourself getting sick, but perhaps others around you? The dream focused on it?

I've had a few scares about it, and I'm not sure what it's supposed to mean! I know dreams are simply childish language projected from your subconscious mind to either tell you something it deems important, or of an anaylsis -but vomit? Honestly.

I'm not quite sure if others whom are non-Emetophobia suffer from it. I'veasked a few people around me whether they share vomit dreams but none have ever had a clue as to what I'm talking about, and others normally don't dream at all. I hope I'm not alone. I had a recent one last week that was conjoined with a nightmare I get almost every night. Sorry if this post is crude, but I'm curious. Anyone else get these type of vivid dreams?

It's pretty comical in a way. We can't escape sickness in real life, and apparently I can't escape it in my dreams, neither. >_<Edited by: peachfeet

I have a re occuring nightmare about being sick myself, it's almost like re living the act, it's very vivid. I used to get it alot but it's not as frequent as of late (thank god) Horrible as i wake up with a start, feeling yucky after i have it and can't go back to sleep either. I've noticed that i get them when i am stressed orhaving abad emet episode (i also get zombie nightmares too when i am stressed, so i'd know when i am really stressed out as i'd probably dream of vomitting zombies hehe!) I have also had odd nightmares here and there about others getting sick, normally family members

It is quite bizarre how our subconscious works, sometimes i do wish i could just switch it off!

yes i get these too. theyre really disturbing, and i often wake up
    thinking "does that mean im sick and just dont know it yet?" but obv.
    thats not true, its just my fear comig out
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.

Oh yes I get those all the time.

i get those dreams If Im really stressed, but its rare.

I ALWAYS dream my teeth are falling out, like at least once a week. does anyone else dream that?
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

I have dreams that other people are getting sick. But not usually
    myself. How funny what us emets consider nightmares!
    LOL. Carrie

I've had one really bad v* nightmare, but that night I had a panic attack right before going to bed.

'Babydoll'-- your teeth falling out in a dream is actually a pretty common dream. I've personally never had it, but if you consult a dream dictionary, it will give the meaning. I have dreams of being naked.. and it's so weird because I'm fully clothed at the start and my clothes just kind of fall of and disappear. Imagine running around naked looking for clothes that just seemed to evaporate off!!

I have worked on trying to recall my dreams before (there are techniques to help you remember more dreams). It helps to keep a journal. Maybe if these dreams are very upseting, you could note what you ate before bed, if you had any anxiety during the day, etc. I've heard before that you're more likely to dream about the devil if you eat spicy foods right before bedtime!! (no joke!)
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are small in comparison to what lies within us.

i had one of the worst v*dreams i've ever had before earlier this month. i didn't post it because it's way too graphic. but yes....i do have them, and i'm sure it's just like arachnophobics having nightmares about spiders.

I've also had dreams about v*ing, a few times actually, but didn't find it too terrifying. Naturally I also thought it meant that I was going to either be very sick in the near future, or that I was going to be sick that night. Which of course I wasnt.

Funny that, I dreamt about my teeth falling out earlier this week actually, and I've also heard that its a common dream, but not sure what it means. hmmm...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

I have had many v* dreams, just recently in fact. It's always so upsetting to wake up from these

Renee

</font>
    Edited by: texas-darlin

I have dreams about vomiting about once a week. I read somewhere that what it means is that you can't deal with stress in your daily life...actually it said that you can't "Stomach" problems and so that is shown in your dreams by vomiting. So maybe you need to take inventory of your life and see if there's something you can't stomach.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_C&#111;ntainer height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <T>
    <TR height="100%" UNABLE="&#111;n" width="100%">
    <TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">

Yes I have dreams about v* quite often. However, sometimes I can handle the situations and suprise myself and other times I fail and panic. They normally are re-enactments of what I have seen before, or worries of where I will see s* in the future.

Basically dreams are what you supress with your conscious mind-so they have to come out through your sub-conscious when you sleep.

</TD></TR>
    <TR UNABLE="&#111;n" hb_tag="1">
    <TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>
    You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.

x Felicity x

Quote Originally Posted by fliss
    <TABLE id=HB_Mail_C&#111;ntainer height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="&#111;n"><T>
    <T>
    <TR height="100%" UNABLE="&#111;n" width="100%">
    <TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">

Basically dreams are what you supress with your conscious mind-so they have to come out through your sub-conscious when you sleep.

fliss is right. Your sub-consciuos is full of secrets. I have experienced these kind of dreams, they can be disturbing. Yet always remeber that it is only a dream, and your mind is playing a dirty trick on you. I try and focus on something exciting before I go to sleep so I will dream about that particular topic. It doesn't always work mind you, but I am weird when it comes to dreams. I dream in full Technicolor Surround Sound, lol!

And I have had dreams of my teeth falling out. Think I should go back to the dentist!

</TD></TR>
    <TR UNABLE="&#111;n" hb_tag="1">
    <DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></T></TABLE>
    <font color=RED><font size=\"4\"> FALSE EVIDENCE APPEARING REAL----fear</font>

Yeah i've had dreams about vomiting ^^;; usually its someone else in my
    family whose sick though.. like I had one a few weeks ago, where my dad
    was sick and following me around the house &gt;.&gt;; lol. its a relief
    to wake up from the dreams, but then i feel weird around the person
    sick in my dream, as if they will be sick in real life too o.o

I have had those dreams MANY times! In fact, just this past week, I had a horrid dream that I was nauseated (and have no idea if I really was or not) and I woke up with bad stomach pain. I woke up twice with this pain, and after the second time, I had to get up to take some tylenol. It helped the pain, although I still had some gas!

I hate those kind of dreams! You are not alone! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] Charlotte
    Spring is here!

I've been told dreams about your teeth fallingout mean you're going to be ill. HOwever I've also been told that that is a literal dream and it translates to the fact that it means you're worried about you're appearance. Personally I have never got ill after having a dream about my teeth falling out!

I haven't dreamt about v** for a while - but when I did it freaked me out and I couldn't get back to sleep in case it was a warning lol
    <center><font face=\"Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif\"><font size=\"4\"><font color=Magenta>I\'d Reach for the stars but I can\'t find my arms...</font></font>

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_C&#111;ntainer height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <T>
    <TR height="100%" width="100%" UNABLE="&#111;n">

Sparky and Yenn,

I regularly have dreams about my teeth falling out, or being pulled out/crumbling! To me, they seem so real and horrible and I check that I have all my teeth in the morning. I have also done a lot of research about what this means, so here goes:

1. Your baby teeth grow out and adult teeth replace them, so when you dream about teeth falling out it could signify a new change in your life or growing up.

2. You have to ask yourself: What is falling apart in my life? What do I want to replace it with? (for us Im sure this parts relates to our phobia)

3. Teeth are also meant to signify sickness, not you getting sick yourself necessarily but a friend/family member.

4. One other extreme book I read said that it signifies death, each tooth is meant to represent a family member and the top=females and bottom=males. However, iv had soo many of these dreams about specific teeth and all my family are fine-so Im not sure I believe this one!

Hope this helps to explain your dreams,

Felicity x[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

</TD></TR>
    <TR hb_tag="1" UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>
    You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.

x Felicity x

Default Re: Nightmares about Vomiting

I just had one of these dreams and its comforting to know im not alone i didnt panic but it always makes me worry its a warning