Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default New here, scared, don't know what to do

Hi there, first post so hopefully I get all the triggers covered correctly, please point out anything though, I don't have time to find the details right now.

So, tonight we had Chinese takeaway, from the place OH prefers but I don't. We got a meal for four (us, my mum and brother) which included ribs. Me, my mum and brother had one each, didn't notice anything off but OH said his tasted funny and made a big thing about it not being right. Cue panic. Now, him and my brother are both chefs in well awarded restaurants so they know their stuff. But my brother didn't notice anything off.

I am so scared I'm going to get s* though, I can't sleep. I feel a little n* which is freaking me out more, but I'm past the point of knowing or rationalising that my fear always makes me n* no matter what I'm afraid of.

We ate nearly three hours ago, nowhere near long ago enough to tell how this is going to go. I don't even know what help anyone can give me, I just need to outlet my panic as OH doesn't get it. He was the only one to say anything, is it us not noticing and him being over sensitive to taste or him being right and I'm doomed?

I hate this phobia so much, every time I think I have control something like this happens

Default Re: New here, scared, don't know what to do

Welcome Sarah!

Relax. If you were going to vomit, you would already have done it. I'll be on the chat if you want to talk a little to get distracted.
    Tick tock, time is passing and so is your life. Enjoy it while you can.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey there Sarah, and welcome to the forum! I agree with Ana, you would have definitely been sick by now if it was anything. I wouldn't worry at all. You will be absolutely fine, trust me.
    Virtue - "You don't need a reason to help people"

Thank you, I'm really hoping the n* is just from anxiety, starting back on the pill a week ago and being sleep deprived with a cold. I guess time will tell though, I just wish I knew. If I knew they definitely were bad at least I could try and prepare myself a bit, call into work in advance etc. OH is snoring away next to me so seems fine, not heard anything from mum and brother. After a noro scare the othe week too my anxiety is through the roof and hands are cracked from all the washing

Here is the link. http://www.emetophobia.org/forumdisp...etophobia-Chat!

If you goto the forum main page, arrow down till you see the chatroom.

Welcome.

I do not think you will get sick either. Prob spice in the sauce was diff than expected. Chefs sometimes have more in tune taste buds.

oh i have felt this way forever! almost everytime i eat meat or seafood i convince myself there was something wrong with it. Trust me, you will be fine. its been three hours, thats more than enough time for it to disagree with your tummy. just breathe. walk around. clean your room. read a book. everything you can do to get your mind off of it will help and before you know it, you will be all digested

Thank you for the replies. Other than some cramps I seem to have been fine, which I'm relieved about. I'm glad there was somewhere to come, it's been such a relief as I've often felt alone in this phobia