Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Panicking please someone talk to me!

I was feeling a bit off today but didnt have a problem eating lunch. Then shortly after lunch i kind of felt like i had a lump in my throat but still didnt feel sick. I felt a little nausea later on but i thought it was cause i was tired. Basically I was fine all day. Then this evening i didnt have a desire to eat dinner but i picked here and there. It wasnt a complete turn off but I just didnt feel exactly right. I made cupcakes for my sons birthday tomorrow and sat down a ate a bit of salad. Then I had to order some flowers on the computer so i sat down and while i was doing that i started have a bit of pain in my stomach. I finished it really quick and came upstairs to try to potty, of course i started freaking out so then i started feeling worse. Now i cant tell if its anxiety but my stomach has started making noises lower in my abdomen. I did go to the bathroom and it was solid except for at the end, there was literally a few pieces of unformed stool. Does anyone know how noro starts? Will i feel sick first or just be fine then ill. Also does anyone know if I take zofran if it will absolutely stop me from V? PLease is anyone awake? anyone? Please i need help! My family DOES NOT understand. They are all sleeping as it is 11pm here in japan.

Default Re: Panicking please someone talk to me!

please someone

It doesn't sound like you have Noro. I think Noro is hitting people quickly. From what i've heard from people here at work they were feeling fine and then it hit them within minutes. They didn't have much time to worry about it because they went from well to sick. Sounds like you are just anxious and need to find something to distract you. Play a game on the computer or on your phone or do something like a crossword puzzle or watch a movie. Anything that distracts your mind. Usually once i find a distraction i start feeling better. Or you could just go to bed and sleep. A lot of times i do that even when i'm nervous. I think that i'll never fall asleep but after a few minutes of laying there I do fall asleep and wake up feeling much better.

but why would i feel so nauseated? I just took my zofran cause i felt a wave of nausea, my stomach is making funny noises too. I am completely freaking out, Havent freaked like this in a VERY long time
    I have a long night ahead of me. I wonder how long I will be freaking out, If its noro the D will start soon right? WIthin an hour?

i want to cry but my husband is laying next to me sleeping and if i wake him he might get mad cause i shouldnt be freaking out like this. Most times i talk myself out of it by chalking it up to being tired or my period or stress. But i think i am freaking this time because the kids went back to school on monday and i took my little one to preschool on monday and here i am 48 hours later feeling ick.

I have IBS so i only get D once in awhile and i know what that is like. I used to freak out about it but now i know how i feel when that happens.
    I know the D is coming. Its just a matter of time.

The Zofran should help you with the nausea but you are going to have to take some deep breaths and calm down a bit or your anxiety will cause the nausea to get worse. Even if you got diarrhea I wouldn't chalk it up to Noro right away because anxiety an cause diarrhea too. I highly doubt you are sick. You need to relax and try to get some sleep. I feel like this sometimes. I take Benadryl when i'm super anxious because then i can't fight sleep cuz it knocks me out haha.

thats exactly what i am doing, fighting sleep. I am afraid to go to sleep and wake up with it. I think thats part of what caused my emet. My stomach is still making noises. I have never gotten D from anxiety, do you think the zofran can prevent V if it is noro?
    Why is my stomach making noises? It doesnt usually.

are you still there? I am still freaking out.

I think you should stop fighting sleep and let sleep take over. If you haven't gotten sick now I doubt you will. It hits really fast it doesn't wait around. The Zofran would probably keep you from throwing up anyway! You took it early enough that it's had time to kick in. Now you need to get some sleep or you will feel worse tomorrow just from the lack of sleep. Sleep is great for your immune system too by the way!

How are you? It will be ok

Hopefully she's asleep. It's the middle of the night in Japan and I encouraged her to go to sleep and she'd wake up feeling better