Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Talking Decrease in noro cases!

Looking on the net tonight read that the last 2 weeks have seen a decrease in confirmed cases of noro!

Finally something for us to be hopeful! Maybe it's on the way out early just like it spiked early!!!

Keep the faith guys and keep fighting!!!! We're nearly there!

Default Re: Decrease in noro cases!

Thank you so much. The news does seem rather dramatic and panicky. I also read that it's no worse or different from any other year.

yes i saw this i always look at the HPA website where the chart it (im not sad, honest!) and you can see its been worse in previous years, im a little confused to why the news still feels the need to go on about it!! i hope it stays low from now on this winter!

glad to hear.. have you got a source?
    Fro§tBite
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fingers crossed!!! Lol

I honestly don't even wanna read this garbage. It's just anxiety inducing and does nothing for our progress in regards to recovery.
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

sorry, was just trying to incease hope not anxiety

I think she's angry with me, not with you, Lindsey. I do find it comforting to read that it is all actually decreasing and everything is at a normal level.

that was my point Grace that if its decreasing then there is some hope for us

The news media in my area finally took a break from talking about the murder rate where I live to talk about flu season and it was not panicky either. Just the flu season's made an early start and it's too early to tell if it will be a long or a short season or a bad or a mild year. Frankly, just walking around and having been stuck in a train station all day yesterday, I am seeing fewer and fewer sick people. Only two people coughed the whole time I was there. Who knows why they coughed? Maybe it was that dreadful perfumey cleaner they use that made me sneeze. The news said 2/3's of the people getting sick are young kids. Scary for those of us with young kids, but a lot of people here don't have young kids. You know no ro and seasonal flu went around all the time when I was a kid and the media never reported about it. Now even Congress is getting in on the panic act. As more people get it, they will be immune and naturally fewer people will be around with it. Also, doctors tend to diagnose everything a kid might have that causes v* as noro. My poor child had v* for six months and they kept saying it was noro, but it was not. It was something else. A lot of doctors only get about 5 to 15 minutes with the patient to diagnose him or her. During the winter season, it's easiest to say noro and move on because they have another 20 kids in the waiting room. For that reason, I could not get a diagnosis for my child until June and she did not have noro. They would not consider it was anything but noro for all those months. Argh!

Yey! Thank you for the wonderful news Lindsey! I refuse to look at the news anymore as it just fuels the phobia and anxiety.

It seems like the media has something else to scare us over now..
    Virtue - "You don't need a reason to help people"

Like they're disappointed most of the really bad diseases like polio aren't around so much anymore.

Erm...not trying to be rude at all, but this is front page yahoo today.

http://news.yahoo.com/strain-norovir...113412198.html

Along with more "omgthisfluseasonisdeadly" talk. Honestly, just feels like the media is dry so they sensationalize every story they can get their hands on.

The most important part is on the very bottom of the article where it says it is no more serious than any other virus of its kind and this is a normal winter illness occurance. It's just scare tactics to get those lazy people who only wash their hands for Christmas to wake up and get a little cleaner. Obviously, normal amounts of illness don't motivate some people to be clean, they have to be shocked into hygiene. Besides, if there were some real news out there like a terrorist attack or some model got divorced, this would be out of the news in a heartbeat.

They're talking about it on the One Show and since I have no control over the TV I can't turn it over, so I plugged my headphones in and played some music. I'm not a horrible person but, I just wish they would shut up about it now, seriously.

Yeah I've just seen that! Really do they need to do that?! Enough already!

I think the whole filming and stuff was taken a few weeks ago now when it was quite bad, but they've only just shown it today as it takes a little while to edit stuff into the programe. After seeing that, I sometimes wish Eastenders was put on another channel as my parents usually watch the One Show before it starts haha.

They probably filmed it and had it on standby for when they had nothing better to report! Grrrr

But funnily enough it hasn't sent me into a panic! I've had 3 days without feeling *n or panicked which is a record I can tell you! Strangely this unnerves me somewhat!! Keep looking for signs and it feels strange! Hope it lasts!

That's great news Lindsey! I'm happy for you. I've managed to get through today without feeling n* as well, which is surprising for me!

guys it's getting better each and every day thanks to lindsey for instilling hope certainly helped me

and Rls don't watch the news my best advice
    Fro§tBite
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I hate the media. Make them go away.

I turned off the Health news on Google and Yahoo. They have turned a regular annual occurrence and turned into the boogey man. Wooo... X number of people have died. Wooo... so many people are ill (with something or another). Everybody be scared. Frankly, more people are murdered in Kansas City every year than have died from the flu in the US this year. So that means it is more likely to get murdered while you are in Kansas City than die from the flu. The Kansas City Metropolitan area has around 2 million people. Your odds of being murdered in KC is 19,608 to 1. Your chances of dying of the flu in the US (using the last number of recorded deaths this year) are 3,000,000 to 1. They are scaring the poop out of people for no dang reason.