Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi everyone!

Gosh I don't know how to begin. I've been thinking about you guys so much, I've popped in twice so far since I've been gone, and wanted to post but couldn't. I decided to wait till another month passed before posting. I guess now will do because I need some answers, that I can't find on the net.

I have been doing so so, I've started eating slowly again, visited my stomach DR a couple of times, did an ultrasound that came back normal, and now I've been put on anti-emetic pills, at least I think that's what they are. I decided to try them today, what a perfect day, my birthday! Hoping I would find heaven in these pills and be able to eat my hearts desire!!! I took it and waited my 30 minutes before eating. As soon as I took the last bite, I started feeling sick, so I took a gum and kept myself calm...It passed after a couple of minutes but I still didn't feel like myself. Then I decided to try some ice cream, figuring lets see what happens. Again after my last bite, I felt sick, sort of like the stomach all being pushed down low in one punch shot.

Is this how its suppose to feel? And does it keep making you feel hungry? I feel like I could eat again, but I don't want to, and I feel like I have heartburn but don't, its so damn weird. These pills are not my solution, I think. The pill they gave me is DOMPERIDONE, if anyone has any info on it, personally or not, aside from what I know which is the side effects, but don't say nothing of how I'm feeling, then I'd really love to know.

Aside from all that, I'm taking the leap and going on vacation in 2 weeks to Wildwood, NJ. My mom and step dad are going, my brother and his wife and my neice are going, and so if I don't go to my favorite vacation spot with all of my favorite people, all staying together at a mansion of a house with family there, I will REGRET it for the rest of my life.

I'm pretty scared for the 9 hour car ride, but I've decided to take an attivan and gravol so I know it will knock me out, hopefully. And I guess for now that's all the exciting news I have to share.

So thank you to anyone who took the time to read this and help me figure out the hellish feelings I am going through!

Take care and thank you again!

SoniaEdited by: terified girl

I took Domperidone for some time and was taking up to 12 a day some days when my emet was unbearable ( i think 8 is the limit too) I found that when i started on them my tummy did feel a bit odd but i think this is because they push food through your system quicker. You may be suffering from some excess tummy acid too as you are eating a bit more, i think you should just carry on as you are and take it really slowly with food, don't push yourself hun. My main advice would be to not become reliant on Domperidone as i did,and it completely messed up my menstrual cycle but then again i was taking them like a madwoman!

Good luck on your vacation i really hope you have a great time, you should be proud of yourself a 9hr car ride is not to be sniffed at[img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img]

Thank you trinity![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

It's so nice to hear from you Sonia. I don't know anything about the drug you are so I really can't help there, but I know you didn't eat well for a long time, and sometimes you have to start eating slowly again. Eating to much at once when you've been of food for a while can make you feel sick to your stomach, just take it slow and I'm sure everything will work out. Just wondering, how are things between you and your boyfriend? Are you guys still seeing each other? It's great to hear from you, I've been thinking about you and hoping everything was going well!!

Michele

hi ive been on domperidone for about 9 years now trinity sometimes on a bads day i can take more than they suggest i seem to get on ok with them no side effects although i must say after nine years i feel i could give something else a go , plus i was a bit shocked to read in the other post about domperidone that they are avaliable over the counter i thought it was just a prescribed drug i guess you learn something new everyday,

i take mine any time i try to take before food but as soon as the nausea kicks in then i reach for them i do sometimes wonder if i feel better cos of the tablets or if it is just phycological,

take care manda

Im taking those just now to stop the other pills Ive just started on from making me feel sick.

Theyre really f***ing good.

They are a good med. Feel lucky you can have them. The are not only an anti-emetic but also treat a condition that I have. They are not approved in the US, and my doctor will not give me a prescription for them to get them from Canada, I have to take Reglan instead and it has nasty, irreversable side effects when used long term. I'm taking a risk because "long term" isn't exactly something I'm counting on.