Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default One of those days.

I've been doing really well for a long time, but being home for the holidays opened old feelings. Alas.

I've had a really tough day. I woke up early and felt weirdly empty - kind of sick. I thought it might have been panic so I went back to sleep. I just sort of felt like "today I'm going to get sick." I've eaten out the last 3 days, and today as well. So I definitely could have picked up a bug.

I've not been hungry all day, and went out to lunch with some friends. Definitely anxious, but could barely eat anything except a few garlic fries. Now that taste is in my mouth. Yuck

I know this is probably all in my head, but I'm more tired than usual, and I just have a bad feeling about today. Sorry, I know it's silly, sometimes it just helps to write it down and vent.

Anyone else ever have days like this?

Default Re: One of those days.

Sounds like your anxiety and emet is trying to get the better of you today. Emets often get those feelings of impending stuff. 99% of the time it is anxiety messing with our minds. Brush you teeth, then eat some comfort foods. You are prob feeling worse since you are not eating. Some days we are tired. If you live in the Northern hemisphere where it it cold and cloudy, you can feel worse. Sunlight or light can help. Eat. Relax, Distract your mind when you start thinking/obsessing about being sick. Watch a movie, dance, sing, read, etc..............