Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Scared and need help, please !!

Im scared and worried I will get sick. I woke up this morning finding my mom in her bed and telling me she was up in the night vomiting. She has never took a sick day at her new job at the hospital, shes been there for 9 years. Last night, she was doing her normal routine, didnt give any signs that she felt sick. Im worried that she has norovirus and that she will spread it to me and my dad. Im worried because Im going out of town by myself for a hockey tournament in 2 days (friday). I tried to get out of the house as much as I could today but now ive trapped myself into my room in the basement. Im worried that I will get sick over the weekend. Someone just help me calm down . Please !

Default Re: Scared and need help, please !!

You have to be exposed to particles of v.. or d.. to get sick. If your mom washed her hands properly and cleaned where she v... with bleach you should be fine. Hand washing is the key. It is scary when parents get sick. They are not supposed to be sick.

Good luck with the hockey game

Distract your mind when it starts thinking irrationally/obsessing about noro. Watch a game on tv, play a computer game, read, sing, dance, etc

Default Re: Scared and need help, please !!

I remember when I was probably about 14 or so. My mom (who NEVER gets sick) came home from work one day and I overheard her telling my dad about how she had been v in the restroom at work. It completely freaked me out. One reason was because to me, parents weren't supposed to get sick. The other reason was that I hoped I wouldn't get what she had. Turns out she had taken a new herbal vitamin of some kind and that's what made her sick. She didn't know it until she took another one and the same thing happened. She called her doc and he told her that herb was known for that. Needless to say she stopped taking that vitamin for sure! She's not emet but said it most definitely wasn't a pleasant experience!