Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Really worried!

Default Really worried!

I'm sitting my exams at the mo so haven't had a lot of time to go shopping. Went to make myself a sandwich, noticed there was one or two green mould spots on the bread. Afraid I did my dads old trick and just picked the mould off and ate it. But now my emetophobia has kicked in and I'm terrified it will make me sick cos it means I've ate about 3 slices of mouldy bread and loads of research says it will make you sick. Is this true, has anyone done the same thing?

Default Re: Really worried!

Yes, I've realized halfway through a sandwich the bread had some mold on it and I've never gotten sick. I don't make a habit of it, but I've survived unscathed from it. Besides, you picked off the moldy spots. You may have not gotten any mold at all.

Don't worry yourself, I'm sure even if you did eat the bits of mould it wouldn't make you sick, and you picked them off anyway so you'll be fine. The bits you did eat weren't mouldy so don't panic and try and forget about it xx

I've had it happen too and I've been fine. My boyfriend frequently just picks the mould off and eats it and he's never sick! xx

The mold won't bother you. Like some of the other posters on here, I'm also one for just picking the mold off and eating it. I'll do the same with cheese. Mold in and of itself isn't harmful (at least not the kind that grows on food). You'll be okay.

Thank you so much guys! I read the posts quickly in between studying but forgot to reply. Sorry! Definitely reassured me though. Pleased to say I had no ill effects from it Just being paranoid about vomiting, as per usual. Sorry and thank you everyone. x