Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Diet changes, stomach acting up

Ok, so I know I was having a breakdown. I stayed away from the forum the best I could so I wouldn't bug anyone. I had sme kind of stomach issue after eating a take n bake pizza. It was my first day of feeling awesome so I did a bunch of cleaning and some shopping and my husband through in the idea of the pizza. It didn't sound good but I didn't eat that whole day, I actually felt not even hungry. I ate a slice and was ok. But around 1:30 am something hit. I don't know if I had a stomach bug or a severe IBS attack which I do get once in awhile. I had the worst stomach cramps but couldn't go to the bathroom. Then suddenly I had to go and it was so painful I was sweating and my fear kicked in full on. I didn't have D and no V. The next day my stomach still hurt and I was bedridden the whole day. If I tried to eat it just made me nauseated. So I didn't eat except a tiny bit for 2-3 more days because everything I ate just didn't settle right. So since I felt so deprived of food, plus I watched this video on vegan diet and showed what goes on in farms and slaughtering houses, it made me so disgusted that I said I can't eat that knowing that. So I've been eating tofu stuff but it's making me really gassy. Today I think I ate too much sugary stuff, but I ordered Chinese because I didn't feel like going to the store to get dinner stuff. I ate fried rice minus the pork and my stomach is so upset.

Has anyone switched from bad eating habits to pretty much vegetarian diet and had digestive problems. I'm sure my body is in shock. But I felt so horrible this past week and nothing settles right.

Default Re: Diet changes, stomach acting up

Papa Murphys gives me bad painfull poops. I think it is the cheese.

Hope your doing better, sounds like it could be body adjusting.

Default Re: Diet changes, stomach acting up

Yes, if you change anything in a radical way, it can cause problems.