Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

Default Pickle juice for nausea.

Has anyone else ever heard of that? I know it sounds crazy but I've read that people used to use a vinegar and honey mixture to settle upset stomachs and that pickle juice does the same thing. Someone got banned for posting something about this but they failed to include that you should SIP the pickle juice, not chug it. I'm having a very bad stomach night, incredibly n* with no 7UP or ginger ale so I went to the pickle juice as a last resort, took a few small sips, and its taken the edge of my n* (: just a suggestion! It's also good for leg/menstural cramps as well. But remember, SIP, DON'T CHUG.

Default Re: Pickle juice for nausea.

I remember someone getting banned for writing that too... even though, if you Google pickle juice and nausea, you'll find hundreds of sites recommending it, especially for morning sickness. It's a really common treatment in the Eastern European country that I'm from (in fact, when a woman there eats loads of pickles, people will sometimes assume that she might be pregnant). Personally, when I'm nauseous, I munch on something sour or slightly spicy -- an apple, a pickle, an olive, some spiced crackers, some fruit juice... I can't recommend this to everyone, but it makes me feel less gross than bland foods do.

Another weird but widely accepted remedy for nausea is a teaspoon of raw onion juice. Never tried it myself because the taste bothers me.

That's how I got through my pregnancy. What I did was pour pickle juice into an ice tray that made mini ice cubes and when it was frozen enough to hold a toothpick, I'd stick a toothpick in each and voila! Frozen pickle juice pops that are amazing for nausea. It should be noted that we're talking about dill pickles, not sweet pickles or any other kind.

Peace- exactly! It really works. It takes the edge off of my nausea so well. I usually use it as a last resort when I have no 7UP or ginger ale. I also eat crackers, usually goldfish haha.

chris_alice- pickle juice pops sound delicious!

Hahaha ironically enough, I was feeling awful one day and ate some pickles. Felt better within minutes. I'm strange.
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

No argument there dead. hahaha

I actually remember that thread where I claimed I had just eaten Cheerios and pickles and y'all laughed at me. Shame shame.
    I wanna feel the change consume me,
    Feel the outside turning in.
    I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
    Cleansing I've endured within
    My shadow

Disclaimer: **I try and answer posts to the best of my knowledge but unfortunately, I am not a medical professional so take my advice/recommendations with a grain of salt.

I've heard that too, but last time I was s* I v*ed pickles, so those are a big no on my list.

I think it has something to do with balancing the acid in your stomach- the vinegar does that also.

My father has always craved pickles when he feels nauseous. My mom tells this story about the morning after his bachelor party, he was wrecked, so hungover, and sick. They went to a convenience store to get pickles but they were out so my dad settled for pickled eggs. Gross!

Pickled eggs----blechhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Pickled eggs?! Yuck!