Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Just need a little reassurance...

So, last week it was the dude v*ing all over the subway, this week it's a co-worker with sick kids. She was out yesterday taking care of one of them who was v*ing through the night - apparently all the kids in his school have had this illness. Now she's back at work and I'm terrified to touch anything she touches or be around her at all even though SHE ISN'T THE ONE WHO WAS ILL. This is a problem - she's my charge nurse and I like her a lot! I know it's irrational but I can't help it. It makes my stomach queasy/hurt/anxious just thinking about it and I've already half-convinced myself I'm doomed. She said she was Lysoling everything and she is a nurse so she has to wash her hands all the time but ugh... I guess I just need to be reassured that I'm safe? I hate living like this.

Default Re: Just need a little reassurance...

I have a coworker out sick today with the stomach flu that sits in the cubicle right across from me. This is the 3rd person out of 9 people in my office that has caught it. I feel doomed as well. I'm scared out of my flippin mind. My husband is upset because I can think of nothing else other than I might catch the stomach flu. He says i'm ruining our lives worrying about it all the time but I can't help it. I was starting to calm down because it had been a week since the last person at work had it and then this happened ugh. I hope she caught it somewhere other than work but who knows I know how you are feeling. I have to watch worrying so much or i'll have myself convinced i'm sick and i'll not feel good. I hate when that happens because it's hard to tell if it's anxiety or the real deal.

In my head I know all these things and I keep my hands clean. I do make mistakes and when I do you better believe I freak out completely haha. I just am a nervous wreck knowing it's back in this room again.

You are not contagious until you show symptoms.

Relax, breathe, wash hands like normal.

Also remember if she is a nurse, she will recognize if she doesn't feel well and leave, she can't run the risk of infecting patients!