Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Tired of the same thing everyday... :/

So... I was just happily playing a game and then started to feel incredibly nauseous for no reason whatsoever. It was so bad I had to go lay in bed for a while while the nausea passed. I still feel nauseous now, but it isn't as bad as earlier.. I'm SO tired as I didn't sleep last night because of 'reflux' and constant burping just like every night and during the day. I don't have to eat or drink, it still happens. I always get the feeling like I need to burp sometimes and I feel it come, but then it goes back down again. :/ Also, I had to force a burp earlier because it was there, but just couldn't pass it and then this liquid stuff comes up a little further. It didn't feel acidic at all, so I'm just going to assume it was v*.. It seems as if I'm constantly struggling not to v*, it's so awful. I'm going doctors on Monday and want this sorting once and for all because it's disrupting my sleep, my day and everything else. I'm starting to think it's something serious now..
    Virtue - "You don't need a reason to help people"

Default Re: Tired of the same thing everyday... :/

Prob nothing serious, but something that may need treatment. Hopefully you will find answers soon. Are you doing a food diary?

Good luck, Monday is very very close. Prayers, Hugs

Smile Re: Tired of the same thing everyday... :/

Thanks Cynna, I am indeed doing a food diary and writing down which foods do make it worse. Seems to be quite an awful long list at the moment. I think I've had this for years now, and I have noticed it's getting worse, but maybe that's because my anxiety has gotten worse over the years. My older sis said I may have a hernia or something as she's had something similar before.

Quote Originally Posted by Rls1994 View Post
    Thanks Cynna, I am indeed doing a food diary and writing down which foods do make it worse. Seems to be quite an awful long list at the moment. I think I've had this for years now, and I have noticed it's getting worse, but maybe that's because my anxiety has gotten worse over the years. My older sis said I may have a hernia or something as she's had something similar before.
    I would say there is nothing serious, however anxiety can make you really ill. Take me for example, for the last 5 days I have had gas/wind pains in my stomach due to the fact I have heared people have had norovirus. I been finally getting to sleep about 4 in the morning and waking up at 8 in the morning to go to work. I feel the same, like there is something seriously wrong with me, but I know for a fact that its because of my anxiety that im swallowing air which is giving me gas. Ive lost nearly 2 stone over Xmas because my stomach wont let me eat that much because of my wind/gas. To be honest I was nearly 21 stone so im not too fussed about it.
    All I know is that at some point, it will get better and I need to be rational. The symtoms you have sound more like IBS that Acid Reflux. I was dignosed with Acid Reflux and given Omeprozole, however since I realised and was diagnosed with IBS, I have controlled my symptoms alot better. I know that the gas will go at some point, so theres not need to worry about it.

Hey, hope you are feeling better! Remember that anxiety does all kinds of funky stuff to the body! I always get the gas and acid reflux but its prob your self conscious working over time!

Distraction distraction distraction hun! Do some drawing, that normally makes you feel better!

Remember you are in control of it not it in control of you!

Feel better soon x

Don't worry, when I feel n* I always get anxious and assume the worst, I'm sure with your hygiene standards you have a very low chance of contracting noro if that's what you're worried about.

Most of the time n* can be put down to a multitude of things that don't involve v* so it's usually alright but I know exactly how you feel.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank you guys. I was able to sleep yesterday and I am feeling better today which is good since I'm off to ATOS soon and I'm dreading it. My Mum is taking with me so that's lifted a few weights off my shoulder.

I started on a drawing last night Lindsey and I was alright when I went to bed. Thank you for making me feel better. x

Today was completely fine, except the times I got quite frustrated with my parent when they promised me they'd use their sleeve to open a few door and didn't.... :/ So, of course I'm going to be worrying for a few days now until I know for sure they haven't caught the SV*.

Don't worry! Everything will be to fine as long as you keep up your hygiene! We've just got back from London and honestly my son and niece touched everything in sight!!! Grrrrr but they do this every day wherever they go and so far have been ok (fingers crossed) don't worry about what hasn't happened as it may never come to pass!

glad today went ok! Give yourself a lag on the back for that and focus on the positive step you took!

Thank you very much Lindsey! I'm proud that I managed over to ATOS completely fine. We wasn't in there long either thankfully. All that I'm worried about now is whether I'll be able to claim for ESA or not. A letter will be coming in a few weeks.

Be keeping everything crossed for you hun!

I have the same feeling that you describe. I have a hiatal hernia with acid reflux. It never feels like acid to me, but I know that that is what is happening. I feel better when I avoid anything carbonated and take comfort in knowing that it is not something that is going around, just me. If you try some antacids or prilosec you might feel some relief.

It's always good to be checked out by a doc, just to ease your mind if nothing else. I was sure my symptoms were anxiety, and I'm sure some are, but I had an endoscope done and found out I have esophageal candidiasis (yeast in esophagus-- gross!). It made me feel like there is air/ gas stuck in my chest and like I HAVE to burp but it's stuck? Very weird. Also have good ol' acid reflux / irritated stomach lining (prob from yeast allowing "bad bacteria" to grow). Hope everything turns out ok so you can at least rest easy!

going slightly OT but it seems like alot more people than i expected suffer from excess acid or acid reflux, ofcourse im not happy that others are going through this but its good to know you have people, especially other emetophobes that can offer advice and relate to how you feel. Also wish RLS good luck with her claim for ESA

Quote Originally Posted by Rob1989 View Post
    going slightly OT but it seems like alot more people than i expected suffer from excess acid or acid reflux, ofcourse im not happy that others are going through this but its good to know you have people, especially other emetophobes that can offer advice and relate to how you feel. Also wish RLS good luck with her claim for ESA
    Alot of people suffer IBS and Acid Reflux, but I bet if the money was there to do some experiments and test, you would find that most Emetophoics suffer from this because their brain is wired to suffer from it because of their phobia.

Oh gosh, I have that feeling as well Jennjt a lot of the time too. :/ Possible endoscopy in the future for me then! I also thought it may be a hernia too. I get a lot of discomfort just below my chest area. Either it being a burning like sensation or a tight/pressure like feeling. I can't really explain the feeling but it's very uncomfortable. I'm going to the doctors tomorrow, but I'm worried they're going to send me away saying it's anxiety again although I'm almost 100% certain it isn't now. I can just tell.

This might sound crazy, but I was kind of glad they found something (not too serious) via the endoscope... that way I can take medicine and hopefully fix it! I know that will only cure a small percentage of what is going on (no magic pill for anxiety n* unfortunately ), but at least it's something I can do-- a step in the right direction! Plus, I feel kind of like a little kid, saying, "I told you so!" lol. Because I'm sure everyone else in my family / dr. thought it was "just anxiety," too. But, anxiety is BIG!! And it makes us feel terrible! So I get a little flustered when drs say, "Oh, it's just anxiety." I'm like, OK! Help me with that, then! Point me in the right direction, PLEASE! Now, however, I have you all to help point me in the right direction, treatment-wise, and I'm pretty certain you know what you're talking about because you've been there.

I'm glad you've found the source of some of your problem and are on the road to recovery. The other will come in time as you work on it.

Prayers for a good doc visit Monday.

I'm exactly the same Jennjt! lol I also hope I have something that isn't just anxiety, so then I can get treatment and viola, it's gone. But with anxiety, it takes AGES to put right and with me, I get constant physical symptoms with it. Thanks for all your kind and wonderful replies as usual!