Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Unhappy Why??? News, Facebook, everywhere I turn someone is sick

I want to just live in a bubble for the next few months. Just when I feel better something else on the news, someone else is sick and then my anxiety is high again. Also, I keep getting *D with my anxiety too. I believe its nerves, but of course when it happens I got into a panic worried its something else. I am having an anxiety moment so bad right now about it all. I'm trying to do deep breathing, but I just need reassurance from people who understand. HELP!

Default Re: Why??? News, Facebook, everywhere I turn someone is sick

Ok....I remember reading this the other day. Than you for reminding me. Great writing. I'm trying to breathe!!

Some people get a delight talking about v*. I remember when I was in high school some of the kids talked about getting drunk and v* all the time. I mean every single day giving the blow by blow as it were. I don't know your friends, so I can't say if they are the type to exaggerate or not, but some people do. Some people just want commiseration. Others like being the center of attention. At any rate, you can't catch it over the internet and you may need to take a Facebook break. My relatives won't stop talking about noro or getting on my case for being scared of it, so I am officially taking a break from them, too.

Remember that people use the word 'sick' for all kinds of things, not always *v try to relax!

FB is one thing because hey that is real people talking, but remember the media LOVES to hype stuff up to epic proportions to get viewership and higher ratings, so personally I pay LESS attention to the news channels. As has been made obvious to me several times, the media news is GREAT at making everything a major crisis!!! Ignore the media, that's what I do!

Quote Originally Posted by Lindsey_anne View Post
    Remember that people use the word 'sick' for all kinds of things, not always *v try to relax!
    Agree with Lindsey, I think they are more worried about plain old regular influenza outbreaks these days, those seem to be more rampant right now and that is the one that simply causes the body aches, fever and cold symptoms.

And on the Noro. part, look at it this way, the majority of the time they are reporting those outbreaks it's typically on things like cruise ships which are almost always thousands of miles away out at sea where they are hardly a threat to the rest of us!