Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Do you ever feel like you're only just keeping it together.

Because I've been on holidays since november and remain on holidays until the end of February, I've found myself going stir crazy. I'm not just sitting at home and doing nothing, but some days I do just stay inside and let anxiety build. For example today I was nervous before breakfast, managed to eat a fairly big meal, then I had to calm myself down mid morning and tried to eat some lunch, had to calm myself down again, went for a bike ride and now I'm almost giving up on trying to calm down and deep breathe and stop focusing on the thoughts. I'm seriously only keeping together, I feel like I'm hanging by a thread. Without going to uni everyday and having no assessments to do, I feel like I have all this free time to be anxious and to monitor myself etc. I tried to use this time wisely and take some steps to help myself but sometimes all I want to do is just watch TV all day... sounds very depressing. Anyone else like this at the moment? It's like very mild bi-polar... one minute I'm happy and the next I think the world is ending.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    "One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching"

My Emetophobia blog:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My photography Tumblr:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Default Re: Do you ever feel like you're only just keeping it together.

Has this been happening since before november? if not then maybe youre just on a downer, it can happen to anyone, when it happens with me it usually starts with boredom or some bad news, then everything seems worse and i start worrying about my health amongst other things, maybe the same is happening to you? Just carry on and hold yourself together until you get some good news or something to do with yourself, it wont be long now and seems like youre doing OK so far, hope this helped

Have you been assessed properly by a doctor? I have felt that way myself before. Only a doctor can tell you for sure what is going on. Depression and other health issues can also cause moods swings. Maybe you should go to your GP for a checkup to see what is going on. He could do some tests to see if it is a medical issue or psychological issue.

If you are already seeking treatment, then you may need to bring it to your doctor's attention.

I take prozac. It helps with my dysthymia (mild depression) and anxiety. I have done therapy in the past. My body chemistry runs toward depression.

I hope you get to feeling better. It can and does get better. Hugs

Sometimes we can pull ourselves out of these moods and sometimes we need help. It is ok to ask for help if you need it.

Thanks for the replies. I'm seeing my GP this week but for a different health issue. I'm wanting to say something to her but at the same time I'm emailing back and forth with a counsellor at my university. So I will probably give the counsellor a go first and if that fails I will let my GP know. I will definitely let her know more about my anxiety as it links to my other health issue but I might wait to tell her about the phobia another time so I can really spend a whole appointment on it. Thanks Cynna

My Emetophobia blog:

My photography Tumblr:

Glad you're in touch with a counselor. I have felt like that for a few months now... since the flu season, etc., started before Christmas. Like, I'm just treading water with my head barely above the surface. I have had several meltdowns during this period, that's for sure. It's like I'm just staying home, driving myself crazy, but every time I force myself go out, it gets worse, because I start panicking. Luckily, I have a dr appt on Tuesday, and I'm going to tell him everything. Sometimes we just need some professional help, and I'm good with that. I have reached out to friends, parents, husband, and they've been very supportive. My friends are starting to wonder what the hell is going on with me... and I am, too! I will say, though, I just posted that I had a wonderful, anxiety-free day today, though, so that's been a much-needed breath of fresh air. Hope you feel better soon. Keep us posted!

That's exactly what it's like. I went to the mall this morning and have been freaking out about being in public. Sometimes it is easier to just stay home but then I think I'm just making things worse. Thanks

My Emetophobia blog:

My photography Tumblr:

I get like that all of the time! I start out being bored, then my mind wanders to all these things and I feel anxious and depressed and I just panic over everything. My suggestion is keeping yourself busy. It doesn't have to be in public, if you aren't ready for that yet you aren't ready, but just do something besides watch tv and sit on the computer. Invite a friend over for a movie marathon, make a collage, redesign your room, etc. You get the picture. Take your mind off those worrysome thoughts until you can see a doctor or therapist!

Hope I helped, you aren't alone