Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Ugh! Sudden liquid *d!!!!!! HELP!

All of the sudden, out of nowhere I've started having liquid *d. I'm SO scared!!!!!!!!!! I NEVER have *D!!! It's hard to explain away when I never, ever have it. I'm so freaked out. I was getting ready to take a bath and it just started. I've gone about 8 times now. My belly hurts and is super tender, but not crampy. What could this be?????

Default Re: Ugh! Sudden liquid *d!!!!!! HELP!

Could have been something you ate or a bug. Sorry. 8 times means something. Try to drink something if you can. You are losing lots of fluid. If you were going to v... you would have done so by now in my experience. Sounds like just d.. for you. Feel better soon

If you have diaper wipes at home, they are pretty soft.

Yeah, I think that 8 times means it's something going on. Ugh..it's been about an hour now. I hope I hope I don't *v.

Lots of peeps in the chatroom. Come on in.
    http://www.emetophobia.org/forumdisp...etophobia-Chat!

Hey hope you're doing ok! I had that before, for me it was something I ate. Are you feverish at all? I don't know if you're still up, but if you have the spice 'turmeric' mix 1tsp into a glass of very hot water and let the turmeric settle. Drink the water after it settles. This has been used by multiple people I know after I told them about it and has worked for everyone. It helps with any sort of infection and food poisoning related diarrhea. Worked for hubby and I after we made steaks that were apparently bad and both woke up to diarrhea and cramps. Literally worked as in, after drinking we were completely fine. Before we were both pooping like it was a contest for who could go more.

I'm still up...and feeling worse. Ugh!

That's dehydration. Once you are rehydrated, it will go away. I know what happened and I've done this, too. Try to drink whatever you can and you'll feel better. I hope tomorrow is a better day.

I was thinking that it might be dehydration. That or my zofran wore off. It's been about four hours now.

I was once extremely ill and needed to be on ivs. About 1/2 hour into it, I felt a whole lot better and the medic told me that my cramps and pain where from dehydration. I hope you feel better soon.

Oh god love, hope you are doing better!!!!

Doing better now? Try to get some liguids in you.

Hey, how are you feeling? d* could be a small bug, or sometimes it could just be that you ate something and your stomach was NOT happy. A few months ago I got sudden liquid d* with a swollen and tender tummy. I went seven times within an hour and a half and then it finally stopped. I don't know what it was, could have been bad sushi, could have been a bug, could have been the worst IBS of my life, but I didn't v* or even feel that nauseous. I hope you are feeling better!!
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

I hope you're feeling better! Do you have any gatorade on hand? If not, try making an oral rehydration solution (recipe from WHO):

Ingredients Amount
    Purified water
    Salt
    Sugar
    1 L (4¼ cups)
    2.5 mL (½ teaspoon)
    30 mL (6 teaspoons)

I had chronic constipation for years, and then last year, I started getting D, which I rarely had before. I wouldn't say never, but it was pretty rare and disconcerting at first, and the anxiety would make me nauseous (today, it doesn't phase me as much, so I don't feel as miserable). So yes, it is possible to have D for no reason even if it's not normal for you.

I had a day like that a couple weeks ago where I felt fine but had liquid diarrhea 4 times in one hour and twice the next day. I think I had a small bug or a bad IBS flare, although I haven't had something like that in years. Hope you feel better!

I'm starting to suspect this is a bad IBS flare up. This last week I've been sick with a cold and I'd been taking quite a bit of ibuprofen and not eating right. I still don't feel great, but the symptoms are reminding me of an IBS flare up. The *d was unusual, but as well all know..sometimes those things can happen. The only *n I feel is probably due to anxiety over all of this. (hopefully! You kow how easy it is to second guess all of that!) This is a bummer, because I'd been doing pretty well and now I feel like I've been really set back.

We all have bumps in the roads. They are normal. You had quite a bit of d.. the other day. Anyone would have been nervous in you situation. Keep kicking emets a....

Hi Kyphie,

It might be that the ibuprofen has irritated your insides! NSAIDs (e.g. ibuprofen, aspirin) are known to cause gastrointestinal side effects and perhaps this could interact with your IBS. I hope that's all it is and you feel completely better soon!