Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Stomach uneasy, can't decide if hungry or ill....

In my last thread I posted that my boyfriend has the stomach virus and he had only been feeling better yesterday when he hugged me for the first time since he got it. (Of course now I'm panicking thinking I may get it). I already waited the initial twelve-hour period that a person would have contracted it (five this morning) and I slept through it. Well I also haven't been eating much these last few days for fear of getting sick (I already had D* after eating cereal Thursday morning and ever since I've been having loose stools), and my stomach is sunken below my ribs. I feel like I've been getting things similar to d* because I've only been eating little bits of toast and bananas and then apples, but haven't eaten much real food. I woke up at eight this morning and my stomach was a little upset and I went to the restroom and had a little d* but I was hungry all night last night and didn't want to eat for fear of v* in the morning. (I do know that not eating can cause d*) I now can't tell if what I'm feeling is hunger pains or something else...my stomach is upset but it mostly feels hungry I think. It's really tight right now and my lower back hurts (but has for the last day or two). I'm starting to think I'm just hungry but I'm still afraid to eat.

My mother and boyfriend both told me I'm fine and that stressing and worrying will make me sicker, but I can't help it

Thank you!

Default Re: Stomach uneasy, can't decide if hungry or ill....

Try some toast or something light and comforting. If you can eat or think about eating you are prob not sick.

If your boyfriend washed his hands good and did not v.. or have d.. in front of you, you should have nothing to worry about.

I think your stomach is upset and you are having some d* because you're not eating. Try toast first like cynna said. Then if you want, move onto soup or broth. Only eat what you feel comfortable with, but try to consistently keep something in your stomach
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

The others have given excellent advise that I cannot add to. I hope you have something to eat and feel better soon.