Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: sudden d*

Default sudden d*

One minute I was feeling fine &hungry. The next I got bad stomach cramps. Went to toilet immediately but within 10-15 mins I was rushing back to loo with bad cramps bad bad d*. So far I don't really feel like I'm about to v* but whats causing this. There's noro doing the rounds in my area plus my co-worker spent whole night last wk having bad d*

Default Re: sudden d*

Anything can cause diarrhea. For instance (this might be TMI), but I am lactose intolerant. I ate some ice cream last night and had not only bad gas, but diarrhea off and on for about 30 minutes. Diarrhea in and of itself doesn't mean you have noro. On the flip side, do keep in mind that even on the chance you do, not everyone vomits. Some get away (especially adults) with only have diarrhea. I hope you're feeling better by now!

Maybe something you've eaten? Some foods just don't agree with us. I suffer from mild IBS and if I eat the wrong stuff I'll get this, make sure you're hydrated (D* does dehydrate quite badly) and hopefully it will pass

Have been again but thank God I still dont feel like Im about to v*. In fact if it wasnt for the d* I wouldnt feel too bad. Im hungry too but am afraid to eat incase this triggers v*or more d*. Have already decided that if I dont feel any worse in next hour then Im going to have a bowl of tomato soup!! Do you think thats a good or bad idea?

I do suffer from IBS but it hasnt bothered me recently & I dont get the d* version I get the constipation but Ive been going regularly lately so it isnt that.

I had the same exact thing the other night. I also have IBS thats constipation not *d. I have no idea what set me off and I still don't feel great today..but I think it's just an IBS flare up and nothing more. I'd steer clear of tomato soup...too acidic. Try something a little more mild!

Starting to get stomach cramps again so its only a matter of time before I make another dash to the toilet. For a couple of hours now Ive started to ache all over & have a majorly bad headache. I had flu jab a couple of wks ago so hopefully Im protected against that & Ive also not been outside my house since saturday ( more than 48 hrs) so if Id caught something wouldnt the symptoms have shown up sooner. Ive taken quite a high dose of tranquliser so am feeling kinda calm yet my body still feels like crap. Any advice please....

Well slept ok, getting ready for work this morning even had scarf & coat on when I knew I had to go to toilet again. Went twice within 20 minutes so decided to phone work & explained I couldnt come in. Also had a dental appt this afternoon so cancelled that, mostly cos I dont want to spread a bug if thats what I have. Thing is Im starving. Its just weird.

Sounds like you got into an intolerant or allergic food. It can sometimes take a couple of days for it to clear your system. I hope you feel better soon.

You could try like a single piece of toast or some plain rice.
    And only a tiny bit, just to see if you can digest it.

Quote Originally Posted by claire43 View Post
    Well slept ok, getting ready for work this morning even had scarf & coat on when I knew I had to go to toilet again. Went twice within 20 minutes so decided to phone work & explained I couldnt come in. Also had a dental appt this afternoon so cancelled that, mostly cos I dont want to spread a bug if thats what I have. Thing is Im starving. Its just weird.
    I had a bug like that last summer, I was hungry and not nauseous at all but I had pretty bad d*. Try to eat white rice, it helps tu curb d*. Also, if someone can pick you up some gastrolyte it'll help stop it naturally by forcing your gut to absorb more water, then you can eat bland foods. Avoid dairy for a few days though!