Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Exclamation Who can i talk to? School is a nightmare

Im terrified, im so so scared. Im 15 years old and this phobia has been a massive part of my life for 5 years now, and has basically very slowly been pushing me down slower and slower into the floor, its like its a massive weight on my shoulders and i can't take it anymore, i hate to sound dramatic, but if i have a life ahead of me of feeling this n* every single day, i hate looking forward. Im scared. Just genuine fear, its ripping me to pieces, and that doesnt feel metophorical anymore, the n* is literally so bad and painful at times it feels like someone ripping in the inside of my stomach just pressing from the inside against my skin until i just curl up into a ball and just beg for someone to make it stop, and because its all in my head i know thats not possibe and never will be. I hate to sound this depressing but its just how i feel right now.
    School is so so terryfing for me, i spend every lesson gripped in the intensity and sheer horror of my thoughts visualising the mental image of v* dripping from my lips. I wish i could tell someone at school, a teacher or something, just so an adult could give me some help and guidence for school, but i know that as soon as i confide in a teacher they will tell my parents which i dont want to happen, i give my parents enough reason to be dissapointed in me i dont want them to know what i go through just yet. If i tell someone at school does anyone know if legally they have to tell my parents? I wish i could just talk to an adult at school who could help me find copeing mechanisms but if it means telling my parents then i simply cant.
    Any advice?
    Its just not a nice feeling to be a teenager who is genuinly scared to wake up in the morning, where my midset percieves that the prospect of a new day is one to visualise in fear and dread, and that sleep is an 'escape from n*' rather than simply 'sleep'
    All my love to anyone who can reply to this <3 I genuinly thank anyone whos read all of that!

Default Re: Who can i talk to? School is a nightmare

Hey, I am in exactly the same boat as you. Especially with the constant nausea everyday. Anxiety can cause horrific long term symptoms, nausea being one of them. I understand, as I deal with it everyday as well. But, I promise you that things will get better for you. You're not going to be like this for the rest of your life. I know it's hard but try to focus on your education right now and don't let emet get in the way! When you're at home, do things. Watch some funny films, draw (if that's what you like), have some warm baths and walks (if it's during the day). Those things have kept my anxiety nausea at bay. I have awful nausea some days because I suffer from GERD and that combined with anxiety nausea is well.... yeah. :/

You can definitely talk to someone at school and they won't tell your parents unless you want them to. That's what I did in secondary school.
    Virtue - "You don't need a reason to help people"

Default Re: Who can i talk to? School is a nightmare

You might be underestimating your parents. You may find that they will be supportive.

You can get coping techniques, and some may help. To completely get rid of this phobia, you may need help.

Please tell your parents. I wish there could be some place you could go for counseling without having your parents know.

If you were my daughter, I would want to know how you are really feeling. I would do everything in my power to help you.

Hugs