Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default Help Please...advice

Hi there!

So I am at work today and one of our older employees called into to say he won't be coming in because he "thinks" he got food poisoning from a schezwan restaurant.
    But who knows for sure? Sometimes people get noro and they think it's food poisoning and vice versa....
    Now I'm sure he is going to come in tomorrow and now i am scared!!! I will have to really watch myself in the next couple weeks now. I have gotten away so far with no one in my office having it, and now he will come in and might possibly have it and be shedding the virus everywhere
    He is in a different department than i, and our desks are not close to eachother, but still! If he does have it, it will be in the office and contagious and then everyone will get it!

you know us emets, how our minds work, we always think of the worst outcomes.
    What to do, what to do,...6 more weeks until flu season is over... almost there.

Default Re: Help Please...advice

I feel ya. I just had to walk over into the office where it's running rampant and i was scared. I came right back to my office and washed my hands. I also have a woman across from me in the next cubicle that had the stomach flu friday. I feel on guard all day today and all week i will. It's nasty but i'm sure it's avoidable with the right precautions.

I can't wait until this is over. Everytime I feel I am getting better with my emet during this blasted season, someone gets sick, or the news has a sotry that says "NOROVIRUS STRIKES VANCOUVER" or something similar. news, fb, twitter... ugh. If i could stop googling this stuff I would feel better.

I guess its that time of year where I just have to ASSUME that everyone has been sick or will get sick to prevent that sinking feeling of "omgosh I was just talking/hugging/touching that person and now they are sick or was sick" ETC. UGH..... I curse this damn phobia some days