Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Lightbulb Anyone? Am absoloutley terrified!

I have not been on here for a long time and that is because I have been doing really well and keeping my phobia in check but that has all stopped tonight!

I am feeling really ill and I am terrified that there will be V which is making it worse

I really need some support please, I'm desperate!

Default Re: Anyone? Am absoloutley terrified!

Sorry you arent feeling well Sasa.

Thanks, dear ♥ Just alot of health problems have occured all at once and are clouding my mind.

Sorry to hear that. Hope they are nothing serious!

What symptoms are you having?

If your tummy can handle it and if you aren't taking any meds that can interfere with this, taking some tylenol, pepto bismal, ibuprofren, etc can help relieve some pain and make you worry less. First off, relax! Like you said, worrying about it makes it worse. Distract yourself. Listen to your favorite band or singer, turn on a great movie, call up a friend and talk about anything but your illness. Drink plenty of water and nibble on something light, like crackers. I say this because if you are going to v(which hopefully you wont) it will hurt a lot less if you are v'ing up food and not stomach acid. Also, sometimes eating and drinking lightly can make the nausea feel less uncomfortable. Relax, continue eating and drinking LIGHTLY, and just distract yourself. You'll be okay we are here for you