Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Default What do you think? exposed?

Here is the story: I go to a university. I used a paper towel to open the door. About an hour later, we all passed the attendance sheet over. I got it after about 20 people. I touched it with my right hand and passed it. About 5 minutes later, I turned around to look ar something and sort of the outside of my thumb touched the left side of my lips. I panicked. 5 minutes later I took out my wet ones wipe, which has Benzethonium Chloride 0.3%,(which kills the SV).....and wiped it over my lips back and forth. I hoped maybe it washed it off? I am panicking now that I've been exposed! Plus my teacher who orginally touched the role sheet said she had influenza last week....and was v* like allll week on and off.

What do you guys think?

I had 2 glasses of grape juice yesterday. I think I will have 3 today. ugh I am soooo stupid!

Default Re: What do you think? exposed?

Most people do not take precautions that most emets do and are fine. I think your chances are minimal. It is likely your professor is smarter than the average person and knows how to wash his hands. Distract your mind and forget about it.

You are not stupid. Stupid is going to a hospital waiting room and licking your fingers to turn a page in a magazine. Been there, done that.

I hope you're right. I remember years before I was emet I had only gotten it worse(which is when I OFFICIALLY became evet)....v* always freaked me out though....but I was the type to never take precautions....and I NEVER got it until that ONE time....idk though the season is sooo bad right now....can people's germs have tramitted to that paper?

Not likely. If someone had been sick with noro, then they are most contagious until day 3. Days 4-10 have debate over whether someone can transfer enough virus to make people ill.

It is doubtful anyone was actively sick, otherwise you probably would have mentioned it. The other scenario is someone who was contagious that did not wash hands after a poop. They would have touched a lot of things between the poop and class. The virus would have prob already been transferred to something else and been off their hands before touching the piece of paper. You prob have a better chance of winning the lottery, than getting sick this way.

Not a scientist though.

thank you, cynna!

cynna.........the time you were in a hospital and licked your fingers to turn the page in a magazine....did you get sick after that? just curious

Yep. I got a tummy bug.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Kick emets a....

ooh....I was assuming so since you had a mad face when you typed it. I shouldn't have that problem because I hate licking things lol...i'll try turning a page 50 times or skip it....ove licking my fingers haha I've always found that to be gross i a non emet way. My dad always licks his fingers when he eats food......that grosses me out too!

I do is subconsciously at times when reading. I have done it less since then, since I am more aware. Try not to do it when eating unless it is chicken wings.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Kick emets a....

Well that's good..I figured you starting pay much more attention after that